Issue: unless a way is found to change my screen name on The Sims 3 website, I will never post.

by redcat73

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Issue: unless a way is found to change my screen name on The Sims 3 website, I will never post.

★ Novice

There are many others like me. If you find a way to let us change our names on The Sims 3 website, we will be very active on the site. As of now, we have never posted and never will. Thanks!

Message 1 of 5 (365 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Issue: unless a way is found to change my screen name on The Sims 3 website, I will never post.

Hero

Have you tried contacting Customer Supporte ? There have been cases of changed Usernames (don't know if they still do it cause there were problems with those accounts

They can be found here: https://help.ea.com/contact-us

You have the option to contact them by mail, phone or Live Chat. For Live Chat, make sure to choose US as your country.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (383 Views)

Re: Issue: unless a way is found to change my screen name on The Sims 3 website, I will never post.

[ Edited ]
Hero

I would suggest to register a stuff pack to the new account. Since EPs usually have registration awards, you can have all your Store Stuff on one account and only have a stuff pack for a posting account.

Thanks for getting back to us (worth an XP Standard smile)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (351 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Have you tried contacting Customer Supporte ? There have been cases of changed Usernames (don't know if they still do it cause there were problems with those accounts

They can be found here: https://help.ea.com/contact-us

You have the option to contact them by mail, phone or Live Chat. For Live Chat, make sure to choose US as your country.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (384 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks! I just tried it. If this works I will tell my friends. 

Message 3 of 5 (352 Views)

★ Novice

I got a reply from Customer Support. It can't be done. My new plan is to create a new persona when I register a new expansion pack for my game. I hope that won't cause problems with game play.

There is a shadow community of lurkers out there because of this issue. It's too bad. 

Message 4 of 5 (328 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I would suggest to register a stuff pack to the new account. Since EPs usually have registration awards, you can have all your Store Stuff on one account and only have a stuff pack for a posting account.

Thanks for getting back to us (worth an XP Standard smile)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (352 Views)