Re: Issue logging into Sims3 Launcher

by boubou1205

Original Post

★★★ Newbie
Thanks so much! I had been having problems logging into the launcher all day and even tried talking to someone from EA and they didnt even tell me this! I will remember this from now on, thanks again!
Message 11 of 30 (1,133 Views)

EA Staff

@CMSmith37 Happy to help Standard smile

Don't hesitate to come back to us if you have any questions in the future!

- Kristi

Message 12 of 30 (1,111 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I still can't get in I've reset my IE, I was able to get in yesterday and now all of a sudden my EA PW and launcher PW doesn't work
Message 13 of 30 (1,093 Views)

Can't download

★ Novice

Can't download from my purchase history. Launcher won't accept my log in info (email and password). How can I download the stuff I bought?

Message 14 of 30 (1,085 Views)

Re: Can't download

EA app Team

Hi @mollyann,

I've merged your thread here as you are having this same issue. Could you try the post marked as solution in this thread? That should help Wink

-Mai

Message 15 of 30 (1,073 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Did everything on ur list, launcher still won't me log in, and welcome screen, 500 internal error, game will start if I try to travel it crashes
Message 16 of 30 (974 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @missjnjranch,

The first issue you are describing sounds the same as this one: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Launcher-Login-Welcome-Tab-Cannot-Log-In/td-p/5390978

Please, try the solution suggested in that thread, and don't forget to give XP to Jadedragen if his post helps you Wink

Regarding the crashing issue you are having when travelling - please, open a different thread for that one, as in this thread we are discussing log in issues. Thanks!

-Mai

Message 17 of 30 (964 Views)

★★ Novice
Un tout grand merci, vous m'avez sauvée!! C'est super!!
Message 18 of 30 (845 Views)

★★ Novice

every time i try to start my game it says i deleted the wl.bin file and the Sims3Logs file. i have re installed my game and it still does it. i don’t have Internet Explorer, only Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome. If i download IE, and do what you recommend will the game work?

Message 19 of 30 (470 Views)

@kaylajeanlouise  If you have Windows 10, Internet Explorer is in there somewhere.   But if you have Windows 11, it might not be, and I guess you could have uninstalled IE at some point.  In that case, clear Edge's cache instead: it can stand in for Explorer when necessary, and the launcher likely uses its resources when Explorer is absent.

Another reason some people can't sign into the launcher is that their passwords contain special characters.  If this is the case for you, change your password to something with only letters and numbers, clear IE's cache (or Edge's cache) again, and see whether you can login.

If the above steps don't help, please post a screenshot of the error you're getting when you try to login.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 20 of 30 (458 Views)