Re: Issue Downloading Store Content

by simsluvr90

Original Post

★ Apprentice

no in game issues and i found out no trouble downloading stuff not from thesims3.com. I just downloaded something from thesimsresource and it is a sim packcgae file and it installed no problem... weird. I will try what you suggested and let you know. Thank you.

Message 11 of 34 (458 Views)

Hero

Yeah but those are different sites and since you can't download, you can't compare.

Still not sure what that error is you're getting though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 34 (452 Views)

★ Apprentice

so Im not getting the error message anymore. It downloads and installs to my game BUT it doesnt show up in my game and doesnt appear in dowloaded content once i start the game.....

:catmad:

I hope the sims 4 doesnt give me this much trouble

haha

Message 13 of 34 (450 Views)

Hero

Try this from the Store FAQ

I installed my Store Content but it's not showing up in my game

Unfortunatly, the Launcher is a very unreliable tool. The more stuff you have, the greater the chance that files which have your stuff installed get messed up. If that starts happening to you. It's best ro reinstall all Store content, using this method:

• Close your game and launcher
  • Go to documents\electronicarts\thesims3 and move the folder DCCache to your desktop (this is ALL your custom content, so if you have 3rd party content as well, you might wanna just move the *.ebc files as well as the missingdeps.idx)
  • If you have any worlds installed go to the installedWorlds folder and delete all Store worlds from there.
  • Go to the DCBackup folder and delete everything in there. You don't really need the stuff in here except for the ccmerged file but since you're reinstalling everything, it will be recreated.
  • Open the launcher and start reinstalling all store stuff in groups. Don't install all in one go. Start with the worlds, then lots, then sets and single items last.

When you're done, backup the DCCache folder. If the same starts happening again, go back to that backup so you don't need to start over. Make a backup from time to time, especially after you've installed worlds and lots.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 34 (438 Views)

★ Apprentice

am I going to lose my sims? I use aurora skies and it says to delete the worlds... should I copy any folders?

Message 15 of 34 (434 Views)

Hero

No, you won't loose any savegames.

Do backup the user folder to make sure nothing goes wrong. If you just remove the EBC files, your non-EA content will still be there.

Since you're reinstalling everything, including the worlds, you should not have anything to worry about. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 34 (425 Views)

★ Apprentice

Havent tried it yet, been too busy but i am going to try it now. When I am done installing everything is when I put the cache folder back right?

Message 17 of 34 (419 Views)

★ Apprentice

Okay so now im back to square one where it says there was an error downloading the items and to see the log.....

Message 18 of 34 (418 Views)

Hero

Same error ? 

The files should be in the downloads folder of that renamed folder. Move those to the new one and try to install.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 34 (412 Views)

★ Apprentice

Getting the same error. It downloads to the launcher but as soon as  I try and install it i get the "There was an error while downloading content. Please see the Log for more details."

Do you want to see my log?

Message 20 of 34 (407 Views)