Choosing Language

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [Issue] Choosing Language - Please post here

★★★ Apprentice

Hi,

Does EA offer language packs / game definition file resources? Can I find the language packs/resources within the Installation discs?

And is it okay to have multiple versions of the same file for different languages?

Thanks in advance

-sketchur

Message 51 of 121 (1,339 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I downloaded my Sims 4 from Origin and it didnt show what languages there would be, so I assumed it would be in English, but when I started downloading I only had three options (Czech, Polish, Russian). I currently live in Ukraine, but English is my first language. Like others above, I assumed there would be an option in game to change the language..My account langauge is set to Englsih, so that obviously didnt make a difference.. What can I do to change the language to Englsih? Do we have an option? Confusedmileyfrustrated:

Message 52 of 121 (1,291 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sorry, the question above is mine (IYAK), I just have two accounts, but if you have an answer to that question, please reply to this post Confused sorry for the confusion, I just might not get the email (or wont find it) if someone replies to the post above. 

Message 53 of 121 (1,287 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Nope, welcome to the pain train. Unless 24 hours are yet to pass since you bought the game, then you can ask for refund and then buy a region free key from any other digital store.

Message 54 of 121 (1,285 Views)

★★★ Novice

I know, I wanted to mention how stupid that was too, but decided to leave it out.. 

Message 55 of 121 (1,261 Views)

Hero

Did you guys contact a game advisor to see if they are willing to give you refund anyways ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 56 of 121 (1,258 Views)

★★★ Novice

FAQ says that we can refund the game only in first 24h after launching the game. Or 7 days if we preordered it. And there's that thing that shows elegible for refund games and there's no sims 4 me because i thought it was only mine prooblem that i can't change language so i decided not to rush to forums ASAP, otherwise i would've already did it and bought region free version.

Also, support from that ticket system is yet to respond to my question about unlocking actually playable language and it's been more than a week after i submitted request.

Message 57 of 121 (1,257 Views)

Hero

Did you try live chat ?

I know what they policy on refunds is in general but it never hurts to try it anyways, right ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 58 of 121 (1,255 Views)

★★★ Novice

Could you enlighten me where I can do so? hah.. I'll ask, and if I get a reply, I'll post back here. I think there's a very very stupid and unlikely option on how to fix this language issue, which might work if you have a laptop. If you decide to go on vacation to the country with the language you want in particular, take your laptop with you and reinstall it there... Again, it's really stupid and for many people impossible, but thats the only oprion I see at this moment. Why does this have to be such an issue ._. Why not add an option in game to change the language? All the new games and most old games have this option..

Message 59 of 121 (1,235 Views)

Hero

Game advisors can be found through live chat.

1. https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ 
  2. Click on the orange NEXT button
  3. Select a platform
  4. Click on the orange NEXT button
  5. Select a topic and describe your problem in a few words
  6. Click on the orange NEXT button
  7. Click Chat Now to chat with a Game Advisor

In Details here: How to contact a Game Advisor using the new EA Help page

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 60 of 121 (1,316 Views)