Choosing Language

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Language question.

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
  1. Do you have the Download or DVD Version ? Download (buy on an english site)
  2. For the DVD version, did you get a dropdown menu to choose and if so, what languages did you have ?
  3. In what country are you currently located ? France
  4. Which edition did you buy ? Deluxe digital

Game blocked in english, no other language avaible.

Does anyone have an awser to that (i suppose it will work like in sims 3 : all dlc will be installed  in the same language of base game) : if i bought any future DLC in French, what's going to happen ? base game in English and dlc content in french ? or all in english, or all in french ?

Message 11 of 121 (4,566 Views)

Re: Language question.

Hero

I've added two more questions, could you please answer them too ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 121 (4,559 Views)

Re: [Issue] Choosing Language - Please post here

★★★★★ Novice

I DL'd from Origin. Origin has language set to english, yet when the game was installed, it was installed in norwegian. I am from Norway though, so not that big a deal, except for the fact that norwegian translation of english games sucks...

Frown

Message 13 of 121 (4,335 Views)

Hero

When you go to the Origin Store and search for the game, what language choices does the Store give you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 121 (4,315 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Only norwegian it would seem Frown 
Guess I am stuck with it then.

Message 15 of 121 (4,302 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Can anyone from EA tell us any reason why people in most countries can't have an English version of the game? Right now, being in Poland, I am basically not allowed to legally obtain a digital copy of Sims 4 in English. Please name just one reason why would someone NOT offer the default "original" English as an option in digital distribution (it's not like the internet is blocked in every country and you can't see content in a different language).

Message 16 of 121 (4,294 Views)

Hero

I don't think you'll get a statement.

It's like that for russia for many games cause many keysellers sell russian keys with suspicious background but I do not know why so many other countries are affected by this.

I really thought it would be all langauges for most countries. I had no issues installing it in english with my German version. Neither through Origin nor through the disc. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 121 (4,267 Views)

★★★ Novice

Do you have the Download or DVD Version ?

- Download

In what country are you currently located ?

- Brazil

Which edition did you buy ?

- The limited Edition (not the deluxe one)

From which retailer did you buy the game?

- Origin itself

Well, as always, the Brazilian translations sucks, so I want it in english. Thing is, I've spent THREE days downloading this damn game, so I'm not doing it all over again with a chance of it NOT working. If there's an easy way to change the language I would be really happy to know.

Message 18 of 121 (3,572 Views)

Hero

Since you don't have the english language files downloaded atm, it won't work to change any registery entries but you can make sure, that you can get the english version by checking on the Origin Store page.

Choose the game and then scroll all the way down. It will tell you what languages are avaible to you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 121 (3,543 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello, 

1. I just bought the game from Origin (Downloaded version)
  2. Current location is Poland
  3. Got the digital deluxe edition
  4. Retailer is Origin itself

I have not downloaded the game. When I try to do so, I am given three language options: Czech, Polish and Russian. Since I don't understand any of the languages, I need the game in English. Why isn't English an option? If I download the game using any of the other language options, can I enable english language then?

Origin is giving me a truly terrible experience - even the store language is in Polish, and I cannot change that through the client settings.

Please advise.

Message 20 of 121 (3,516 Views)