Re: [Issue] Choosing Language - Please post here

by crinrict

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

@EA_Nils wrote:

@navidameli Hi,

We do not support altering your installation in such a way. If you would like to play in English you have to buy an English copy of the game opposed to the Russian one.

Sorry for the hassle.

Cheers,

Nils

However, it is NOT possible to buy an English copy of the game in Russia, either as a DVD in a store or via origin.com. This is very annoying for both the expats and bilingual Russians (who are essentially native speakers of English). Russian localization is far from being perfect, and it doesn't cost EA a dime to provide access to the original title. What's wrong with you people??? Globalization is here, haven't you heard?

Message 101 of 121 (1,266 Views)

Hero

Did you try a retailer like Amazon ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 102 of 121 (1,248 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Well, I already bought the game and some goodies via Origin so I'm not really looking forward to spending another $40-$60 plus the shipping. Also, I play on Mac, so I'd still enter the code in Origin to download the game, And since I would do that from Russia there is a big chance I'd get Russian/Polish/Czech version again. 

Curiously enough, I've seen a YouTube tutorial where someone has successfully changed the language of the game purchased in Russia by altering some settings in the ini file - and it worked. She did her demonstration from Australia though. The fact that this "non-supported altering" hack works in Australia and doesn't work in Russia makes it rather obvious that Origin/EA region lock is ISP-based.

Also, if, say, EA/Origin justify their linguistic limitation by the fact that they sell their games for less in the developing markets, well, let's just have a separate Multilingual Pack for those of us who want to play in a different language! What is so inherently wrong with that?

Finally, I'd like to reiterate that I don't relish the thought of having to "hack" the ini file to get what I want. There should be a civil solution to this problem. In Russia, I can buy a pirated DVD with all things Sim for less than $5. The fact that I chose to bring my money to EA/Origin instead speaks something. I think us loyal customers deserve better treatment.

Message 103 of 121 (1,238 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I have The sims 4 in English version but I would prefer it in my language. What if I buy the game in my country and activate it on my account where I already have the game and if I use a new DVD to instal it? Will it change my game language?

Message 104 of 121 (1,194 Views)

Hero

You can try if customer support can assist you with that and get you a multi-language version

Game advisors can be found through live chat or call-back

1. https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ 
  2. Click on the orange NEXT button
  3. Select a platform
  4. Click on the orange NEXT button
  5. Select a topic and describe your problem in a few words
  6. Click on the orange NEXT button
  7. Click Chat Now to chat with a Game Advisor or leave your phone number for a call-back

In Details here: How to contact a Game Advisor using the new EA Help page

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 105 of 121 (1,185 Views)

★★★ Newbie

regrdit - hkey localmachine - game - (change language) as   en_US    

Message 106 of 121 (1,060 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Hero

@uygarcag35 wrote:

regrdit - hkey localmachine - game - (change language) as   en_US    

That only works if you have the actual English language files as well which aren't available for all countries.

Changing through the game properties in Origin is the easiest and if you don't have it offered there, your version doesn't support it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 107 of 121 (1,056 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

"You can try if customer support can assist you with that and get you a multi-language version"

Does that work? All the posts I've seen about support were "Refund or buy again", do they help now or is it still the same?

Message 108 of 121 (952 Views)

Hero

I don't know. Try

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 109 of 121 (945 Views)

★ Apprentice

Nope.

Waiting for Sims 5 now.

Message 110 of 121 (933 Views)