Re: [Issue] Choosing Language - Please post here

by crinrict

Original Post

Hero

Try the suggestions here: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/installing-from-dvd/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 91 of 121 (1,604 Views)

★★ Novice

I followed the intructions there and could install the game from DVD. However even so it still doesn't give me any other option than English(US).

Message 92 of 121 (1,591 Views)

Hero

I've asked the CM about this and they said that there ARE english only boxes and that you seem to have one.

I would suggest contacting a game advisor to see if they can do anything for you

Game advisors can be found through live chat or call-back

1. https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ 
  2. Click on the orange NEXT button
  3. Select a platform
  4. Click on the orange NEXT button
  5. Select a topic and describe your problem in a few words
  6. Click on the orange NEXT button
  7. Click Chat Now to chat with a Game Advisor or leave your phone number for a call-back

In Details here: How to contact a Game Advisor using the new EA Help page

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 93 of 121 (1,586 Views)

★★ Novice
I have contacted an advisor and he was able to solve this problem. Thanks for all your help
Message 94 of 121 (1,576 Views)

Hero

Great to hear and happy Simming Standard smile

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 95 of 121 (1,572 Views)

Re: How do I change the language of my Sims 4 game from Polish to English?

★★★ Newbie

THANKSSS! <3

Message 96 of 121 (1,460 Views)

★★ Guide

I came here by a google search on how to change the language. I bought the game in the Netherlands and it automatically installed in Dutch. I prefer to play my games in English and as a matter of fact I think some of the Dutch translations are very awkward! It annoyed me pretty much.

So I come here and I find out that I have to uninstall my game, change origin (which didn't let me pick a language at setup either) and redownload it. I am currently doing just that and I hope it will fix the language, but I do have some issues with needing to do it this way:

- It is a lot of bulk for something that simply could be put in a menu.

- It takes a LOOT of time to redownload, especially when one has all the expansions

- Uninstalling removes all of my progress, from houses I built, to sims I made, to stuff I unlocked by achieving high careers.

Now, if I were presented with a choice during the setup, and I picked something which I later regretted, I would understand all the hassle. But this option is not there. As a matter of fact, the only thing I can choose with the setup is whether I want desktop/startmenu icons. This sounds like pretty much nothing for a game that came out and is actively updated in 2014/2015.

So please EA, consider to find a more workable solution. I would suggest that people get the option to choose which languages they want to download at the start of the setup, and then a menu in-game where people can switch between what is chosen. And/or the option to download just an extra language pack instead of redownloading the WHOLE game. This needs fixing!

Message 97 of 121 (1,393 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

They are changing this. It's already in the current Origin Beta Version.

Need to update the first post I guess Standard smile

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 98 of 121 (1,391 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi everyone,
I bought my game from Russia and i want play it in English. So I changed the Registry keys but game needs [Remove]

Thanks

Message 99 of 121 (1,322 Views)

Community Manager

@navidameli Hi,

We do not support altering your installation in such a way. If you would like to play in English you have to buy an English copy of the game opposed to the Russian one.

Sorry for the hassle.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 100 of 121 (1,283 Views)