Re: [Issue] Choosing Language - Please post here

by bottomofabyss

Original Post

Re: How do I change the language of my Sims 4 game from Polish to English?

★★★ Newbie

hello

i have sims 4 in Polish. I'm originally from Poland so my mum bought me Polish sims 4 when she was there ! but i'm pretty bad at reading in polish so if you have the english sims 4 could you trade with me? I am from the UK

Message 81 of 121 (1,301 Views)

Re: How do I change the language of my Sims 4 game from Polish to English?

Hero

Hi,

AnswerHQ is not a trading platform so no one can help you with that.

Contact a game advisor if they can exchange your version

Game advisors can be found through live chat.

1. https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ 
  2. Click on the orange NEXT button
  3. Select a platform
  4. Click on the orange NEXT button
  5. Select a topic and describe your problem in a few words
  6. Click on the orange NEXT button
  7. Click Chat Now to chat with a Game Advisor

In Details here: How to contact a Game Advisor using the new EA Help page

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 82 of 121 (1,292 Views)

★ Novice

crinrict wrote:

1. Since there are now 1000 posts on Language issues here and I have to be honest, that I don't really know all factors invovled, I'd like you all to post here.

Please first if you have the DVD version, you should be able to choose your language from the drop-down box of the installation process. If you don't have that, that's an indiciation that your game is downloading instead of installing from disc.

If you install through Origin, you do not get that option. The game usually installs in the language of your Origin client. If you're langauge is not supported in it, it will default to something else (don't know what).

The following languages are supported

Spoiler
    English, German, French, Russian, Polish, Swedish, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Norwegian, Danish, Finnish, Brazilian Portuguese, Czech, Chinese (Traditional), Japanese, and Korean.

For Poland, Russia: Only Polish, Russian, Czech are avaible

If you have the DVD Version, please check your box for an indication what language your game will be in. If you're not happy with what you were given, return them to the seller.

If you have the Download version, the Origin Store page will tell you what languages are availble to you. Check there.

You may post here if you have further issues, but please include the following info

1. Do you have the Download or DVD Version ?yes,I had dvd
    2. For the DVD version, did you get a dropdown menu to choose and if so, what languages did you have ?English us,

but,i want Korean language

3. In what country are you currently located ?uk
    4. Which edition did you buy ?the SIMS4
    5. From which retailer did you buy the game?yes
    6. If you did not buy it online, in which city is the store located?Cardiff city center,game shop

Message 83 of 121 (1,263 Views)

Hero

So the drop down menu only gave you english (US) or was that just the default ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 84 of 121 (1,261 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I bought a DVD version - The sims 4 from Czech Republic

after that I installed Origin I had only 3 langues to choose from: Poland, Russian, Czech

I live in Czech Republic, but I'm from Bulgarian.

The store is located in Czech Republic - TS Bochemia. 

I want to play this game in English version but it seems to be that there is no

option for that, can someone help me? 

The language of Origin is English, but when I reinstall the game I don't have different
choice of language than Czech, Polish and Russian

Please help me FrownFrownFrown

I realy like this game Frown

Message 85 of 121 (1,213 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello,

I just bought the Sims 4 Limited Edition - DVD version from a store in Istanbul - Turkey. The DVD does not have any indication on it that shows which language it is in but the only option i get is English - US. I want to play the game in German. Can you please help me?

Regards

Message 86 of 121 (1,008 Views)

Hero

What language is the box in ? You can try redeeming the code on Origin, then change the language of Origin to German and install that way.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 87 of 121 (1,004 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for prompt reply.

The box is in English. But it doesn't have something that tells the available languages written on it. I did notice this before I bought it but I thought it should have all the languages available in every box like other games I purchased in the past.

I have redeemed the code in Origin the first time I launched Origin. I didn't know there would be an issue with the language back then so when I redeemed the code Origin was in English. Then I changed the language to German. But still it doesn't give me any other option than English(US) when I start downloading.

Message 88 of 121 (1,000 Views)

Hero

It is the normal/official box and not some kind of one-language version ?

If you install the game from DVD you should get most languages as a choice (unless you have the Polish, Russian or Czech)

I have the German version and it says it's German on the box (no other languages) but I was able to install in English nonetheless.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 89 of 121 (997 Views)

★★ Novice

It is the official box that I see that's sold everywhere. It doesn't  say anything about being a one language version.

When I put in the DVD autorun pops and gives me no other option other than downloading Origin and signing in. It says it will than instal the game. But when I download and sign in I can't get it to start installing from the DVD and I end up being have to download the game from Origin.

Is there any way I don't know to get it to start installing the game from DVD? The box contains 2 DVDs, 2nd of which I haven't been able to do anything with. 

Message 90 of 121 (994 Views)