by kindwhitepills

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Issue: Camera Sensitivity Way Too High

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Spooky Stuff, Moschino Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Rotate the camera using the right mouse button or go into Cinematic Camera mode and move the camera around with the mouse.
What happens when the bug occurs? The camera rotates and moves extremely fast with the slightest mouse movement. It seems like an issue with the sensitivity or the velocity of the camera.
What do you expect to see? The camera should move at a normal speed with the mouse.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made: I just installed the Sims 4 and all expansions onto a new PC build. Everything is fresh and NVIDIA graphics drivers are fully updated.

Basically, camera seems ultra sensitive. Panning just a small amount sends it spinning wildly. Can't figure out why it's happening. I've tried:

• Deleting all .ini and config files, saves, tray files, etc. Error persists.
  • Removing all CC/mods/scripts. Error persists. 
  • A different mouse. Same problem.
  • Re-installing Sims 4 and all expansions. Completely clean game. Error still persists. 

It feels like it could be some sort of graphics driver incompatibility perhaps? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

PC Specs:

AMD Ryzen 3700 

Asus Crossfire VIII Hero Wifi Mobo

32GB G.Skill 3600MHz 16CL DDR4 RAM

Gigabyte 2080Ti Aorus Xtreme 11GB GPU

Corsair MP600 1TB NVME

Adata XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB NVME

Corsair 850RMx PSU

Message 1 of 3 (411 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Issue: Camera Sensitivity Way Too High

Champion (Retired)

@kindwhitepills 

This is caused by Reshade. In their forum you can see how to turn it off for the Sims 4. You can also disable Origin in game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (401 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@kindwhitepills 

This is caused by Reshade. In their forum you can see how to turn it off for the Sims 4. You can also disable Origin in game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 3 (402 Views)

★★ Novice

Managed to fix the problem. For posterity, what I did was I disabled Origin in game, then reinstalled reshade. It's working perfectly now. Thanks! 

Message 3 of 3 (380 Views)