by SimonSofa

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Island Living Ladders not working

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a platform on a waterfront lot in Sulani, attach a ladder, click on ladder to "climp up/down" "cannonball/swan dive/jump down"
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim doesn't use the ladder. Walks around the house to get to the bottom/top of the ladder and stands in front of it doing nothing. See here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CXICShXug_7BYZaeCwcXUNg5bqCf4g8h/view
What do you expect to see? My sim actually using the ladder.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I am not sure which patch exactly introduced this bug. Since the Moschino patch until the Eco Lifestyle patch I haven't played on a water lot, but it used to work before that.

I usually use mods but this issue exists with and without mods. The video showcases what happens when I intend for my sim to use the ladder. I never place ladders with MOO and the one in the video I was using excessively when Island Living came out and it worked.

Message 1 of 6 (2,363 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Island Living Ladders not working

★★★★★ Apprentice

Okay I figured it out. It was a mod I had in my game once that left my save corrupted. I ran a repair on my game and now it works again. Thanks for the help @DonroaAkashu 

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (2,242 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Expert

@SimonSofa   I built a replica of your lot, from the video, but could not replicate the issue. You could upload the lot/build and I can test with that. Write the name of the build and your Gallery account name in that case. Is it placed on Lagoon Look in Sulani?

Message 2 of 6 (2,302 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@DonroaAkashu My Gallery ID is Simonsofa the build is called Island Living, and yes I placed it on Lagoon Look. But I had the same problem in another build I am working on, I wanted to playtest the ladders that's when I noticed this problem.
Message 3 of 6 (2,261 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Okay I figured it out. It was a mod I had in my game once that left my save corrupted. I ran a repair on my game and now it works again. Thanks for the help @DonroaAkashu 

Message 4 of 6 (2,243 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

what mod was it? Trying to figure out why I'm having problems

Message 5 of 6 (935 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @Cynquilla,

Since this thread was last active, the game has been patched and updated many times. What helped back then may not help now. It might be best to pop open a new thread and add some information about what you're seeing now and what you've already tried.

I'll close this thread out here in the meantime to limit necroposting.

Thanks,

EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 6 of 6 (907 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help