Is this the end of CC?

by snotbubble25

Original Post

Is this the end of CC?

★★★★★ Novice

I've always played Sims with CC. The clothes, hair, skins, some of the decor, plus mods. It's the only way I can make my Sims really express themselves. Now the June 2020 patch has ruined everything. The only way I can stop my game from crashing is by removing all mods and CC, so my Sims are plainer, uglier and most of them are bald and in underwear - so that's a lot of redressing I need to do.

But I was playing generations of different households throughout the world's, without about 80 Sims for 4 generations. I didn't want to lose everything. But CC played a key part in my stories. Am I going to have to start from scratch with CC and mods? Or just stop using them? Will they start working again so I can move my Mods folder back, or is this the end?

I've never had a patch cause this much trouble before. I've spent all night trying to get my game to just run through for me to play a household. It sounds like loads of people are having the same problem. I'm a Windows PC user by the way. 

Message 1 of 5 (347 Views)

Re: Is this the end of CC?

★★★ Newbie

omg this just happened to me. 

Message 2 of 5 (338 Views)

[ Edited ]

@snotbubble25 and @belizarslan1  While a lot of custom content may be outdated now, some of it might be salvageable.  You can test your content in batches, setting aside any that work and splitting and retesting any that don't.  You might only have to get rid of or update a few items.

And no, you don't have to play without mods and cc entirely.  I doubt Sims players overall would stand for that, and creators are going to keep releasing updated content.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 5 (279 Views)

★★ Novice
@snotbubble25 Im having close to the same problem! 😭 absolutely none of my cc or mods will work!!! Praying for a fix 🙏🏼
Message 4 of 5 (247 Views)

@marianah0206  Please test in a clean user data folder.  Move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, launch the game to create a clean folder, enable cc and script mods, and quit.  Then add just one cc item to the new user data folder, and see whether it appears in game.  If it doesn't, try another single one—it's possible the first one is outdated.

If you can't get any of your cc or mods to show, please make sure you're adding them to the correct folder.  Here's how to confirm:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2018/07/how-to-find-your-user-folder/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 5 (228 Views)