Is this lapotp good enough to run the sims 3?

by SoupLover96962

Original Post

Is this lapotp good enough to run the sims 3?

★ Novice
Ok so basically i want to buy this HP laptop for my birthday and it's the only one in my price range so it's called the HP pavilion 15-ba055sa

It has
-AMD Radeon™ R5 Graphics (whatever that means like is that good enough)
- 1TB of hardrive space
- 8GB of memory
so yeah basically is this good enough to run the sims plus expansion packs and have good graphics?
Message 1 of 2 (120 Views)

Re: Is this lapotp good enough to run the sims 3?

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@SoupLover96962 I'm guessing the Radeon R5 is integrated into the AMD APU cpu chip. Integrated graphics have a hard time with TS3. The integrated graphics chip that is included with the AMD APU cpu does not have any "true" dedicated video memory. This means it borrows memory from the DDR3 main memory. Not only is this slower then the normal GDDR5 that you would find on many dedicated video cards, that video chip shares the data path along with the cpu. TS3 is cpu and gpu (graphics) intensive that this game needs to get every little advantage you can provide. Integrated graphics chips have advanced a long way in recent years but just don't have the power for demanding 3D graphical games. You NEED to know what that means. There is no I just play the Sims 3 game. I would not sell you that computer to play TS3. If you want to get the most out of this game you need a dedicated graphics chip that is capable of HD (high definition) so you don't have to run the game at a low to medium resolution.

Message 2 of 2 (104 Views)