Is this happening to anyone else?

by Wristrake

Original Post

Is this happening to anyone else?

★★★★ Novice

I'm probably just being paranoid, but apparently, after I downloaded the NRAAS mod back in like late 2020 my computer just randomly experienced occasional Internet disconnections, and the same thing happened to my new computer in early 2021, where my keyboard and mouse frequently disconnects from my computer and reconnect after some time (it still persists even to this day, and I've sent it to repairs countless times, although the issue has become less frequent nowadays). I doubt that the NRAAS mods that I've downloaded are the cause behind all this, and it could just be a coincidental issue that could be resolved easily, but I want to see if anyone else has experienced the same thing.

Message 1 of 5 (400 Views)

Re: Is this happening to anyone else?

★★★★ Novice

Sorry if this post gets misinterpreted as spreading misinformation, I'm just seeing if anyone is having the same issue or if it's just me, and if the latter I'll need to look even further to locate the problem.

Message 2 of 5 (391 Views)

@Wristrake  I've never seen any reports of this issue in relation to NRaas mods, and the NRaas mod suite has extensive documentation.  So I think it's highly likely that this is a coincidence.

Do you use a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard?  I've had connection issues with my Bluetooth headphones (and not while playing Sims games), and I was never able to fully address them other than to switch to a USB headset.  If either of your peripherals has an optional cable, try using that and see whether you get any disconnection.  You can also try playing Sims 3 while the computer is offline: sign into Origin if you use it, then put it in offline mode before disconnecting, and you'll still be able to play.  While an internet connection shouldn't have anything to do with disconnecting peripherals, it's an easy test.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 5 (381 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Oh, okay. That's a relief. I'm considering getting a new computer and I really don't want to mess it up by installing another NRAAS mod on it, although installing a NRAAS mod is completely optional, I feel like Sims 3 is unplayable without it haha, also I use a wired keyboard and mouse.

Message 4 of 5 (360 Views)

@Wristrake  If it makes you feel better, I've been playing on my current computer with a pile of NRaas mods that started as reasonable but is slowly getting out of hand, and I've never seen this problem.  I didn't see it on my previous computer either, or the one before that.

I still think the issue is unrelated and that it's more likely to be due to a driver or other system software.  One thing you can try is manually updating the relevant drivers.  Hit Windows key-X, select the Device Manager, open the Keyboards section, click on each entry in turn, and click the black and green Update button in the menu.  Repeat for the Mice section.  Windows may or may not find an updated driver for any given entry; the point is to make it look.  For good measure, repeat for the Universal Serial Bus (USB) controllers section as well.  Then restart your computer.

If that doesn't help, please run a dxdiag (after the above updates) and attach it to a post.  I'd like to see exactly which peripherals and drivers you're using.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

If you do end up getting a new computer, feel free to ask for purchasing advice or just a second opinion here.  The one thing I'd recommend is avoiding a 12th-gen Intel processor unless you really want one for other reasons.  Sims 3 doesn't start correctly on these processors, and while there's a workaround, it would be easier not to have to use it.  If you're curious, here's the master thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-3-won-t-open-Alder-Lake-Intel-12th-gen-CPU/m-p/11...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 5 (334 Views)