Is there a way to revert to a previous version of the game?

by Razzald

Original Post

Is there a way to revert to a previous version of the game?

★★★ Novice

The current update 10/11/2022 has introduced a bug with it, where sims are just being mean to each other. I played the game for 20 mins this morning and lost my sims two best friends to arguments I have no chance to avoid as they just happen spontaneously.

This is making the game completely unplayable..

Is there any way I can re-install, or directly revert back to the pre 10/11/2022 version of the game?

Message 1 of 4 (3,846 Views)

Re: Is there a way to revert to a previous version of the game?

@Razzald  No, this isn't possible, sorry.  The only other version available is the Legacy Edition, and that would take you all the way back to October 2019.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (3,835 Views)

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Anything wrong with the legacy version?? Can I play with cats and dogs, city life, Seasons, Get to work??

If so, then it would be better than nothing.. How do I get it?
Message 3 of 4 (3,822 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Razzald  The Legacy Edition is available as a free download under Extra Content.  However, I wouldn't recommend using it.  You won't be able to open any saves that have been played since the LE was introduced, and the LE also doesn't support any packs or other content released after October 2019, or the Gallery for that matter.  So unless you want to create new saves, this isn't a viable alternative.

Unfortunately, your only options here are to wait for EA to fix the issue or to find a mod that does it for you.  As an example, you can apparently use MCCC:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Sims-autonomously-do-mean-interactions-for-no-reas...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (3,773 Views)