Re: Is there a way to recover my game?

by JalynnEGA

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Is there a way to recover my game?

★★ Novice

I followed someone's directions on how to fix a problem I was having and moved my files onto my desktop and then moved them back into documents. now it is like I have never played the game it just completely restarted I would really like to get my builds and households back but I have tried everything I know and can't figure it out. Is there a way to do this?

Message 1 of 8 (599 Views)

Accepted Solution

@JalynnEGA  Do you get an error when you're kicked back to the world screen?  If so, please post a screenshot of it.

Otherwise, please try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 7 of 8 (543 Views)

All Replies

@JalynnEGA  Are you playing Sims 4, or some other Sims game, or something else?  Does your computer run Windows or macOS?

Message 2 of 8 (576 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Windows and I play sims 4
Message 3 of 8 (571 Views)

@JalynnEGA  Please let me know the exact file path to the saves and Tray files that you've moved back, the ones that aren't currently showing up in-game.  If you open a File Explorer window and navigate to those files, you can see the file path above the list of files and folders.  Or you can right-click on a given file and select Properties > General.

Message 4 of 8 (568 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Documents >The sims 4
Message 5 of 8 (561 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Ok now I don't understand I fixed that problem by putting it under electronic arts. But now it is doing what it was before and whenever I click on a sim to play no matter what sim it is it takes me back to where you chose what world you want to play.
Message 6 of 8 (555 Views)

@JalynnEGA  Do you get an error when you're kicked back to the world screen?  If so, please post a screenshot of it.

Otherwise, please try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

Message 7 of 8 (544 Views)

★★ Novice

It works. Thank you so much.

Message 8 of 8 (514 Views)