Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Freelancer: All task done - Gig not completed

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EPs: Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work GPs: Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat SPs: Laundry Day, Toddler Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Kid's Room Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim enter the freelance career. Pick up a gig and try to complete it.
What happens when the bug occurs? I complete everything until it comes to finishing the gig and receiving payment. There is notification that the work has been accepted but no payment, and the gig does not end. This is more frustrating when it is also taking an immense amount of time to get the work accepted.
What do you expect to see? Previously, the work is accepted; there is the notification of work being accepted as well a second notification from the client expressing gratitude. Then my sims gets paid and the gig ends.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Is-there-a-bug-in-the-freelance-career/m-p/8226159/hig...

@SheriGRhas been trying to help with this.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 7 of 553 (99,950 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Freelance Jobs Not Paying....Really

Community Manager

Hi Simmers, 

It's patch day.  Good news! I'll pop the quote from the patch notes below: 

@EA_Lanna wrote:

FIXES

The Sims 4

• Freelancer Sims now can complete Gigs they have signed up for and harvest the fruits of their labor. Simoleons, Simoleons, Simoooleons… SIMOOOLEOOONS.

We'll close this thread here but please do check to see if this is working for you and let us know how you get on. If you're still experiencing issues after updating, please open a new thread to get the ball rolling there and include any information you can. We'll merge any duplicates together to keep things in the same spot. Standard smile

Thanks 

EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

View in thread

Message 553 of 553 (27,484 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Is there a bug in the freelance career?

★ Guide

I couldn't see that people were having my specific problem. Some sound similar, but not similar enough. 

I have a sim working as a freelance artist. She picks up gigs and gets on with working on what the clients wants. There have been a couple of times where I have had the goal does not even check off. This is despite the work being approved. This is something I'm seeing others mention.

What I have not noticed from others is that when I've finished everything, all checked off, my sim doesn't get paid. The gig even stays in the career panel. I exit to the main and re-enter to find the gig is gone but I don't know if my sim has been paid.

I have had this for a couple of days.

Message 1 of 553 (99,938 Views)

Re: Is there a bug in the freelance career?

[ Edited ]
Champion

@HCSau  Can I ask a few clarifying questions?

• Are you sure that all of the goals were done, approved, and submitted by the due date for the job?
  • Has this happened for more than one job?
  • Do you have any Mods or CC?
  • When did you begin to see this issue?
SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 553 (99,930 Views)

★ Guide

Hi

Yes, I'm am absolutely sure all goals should have been fulfilled. For example, three goals might be to 'study reference images' (which is to be done on the Sims's computer), 'create the forgery' (via the digital sketchbook), and 'send for approval' (by clicking on the artwork in the sim's inventory). For each one, you get that ping to say it's complete along with the ticked box on the career panel. You also get the notification to say the work has been approved... then that's it, with no payment or notification that gives the 'feedback' from who commissioned it. Once I returned to the main menu and opened up the family again to find the career panel empty but I don't think my sim was paid.

It has happened for two jobs, but not consecutively. I can't see a pattern in when it happens, it just looks random at this point.

I have no mods or CC.

I have just recently played with this career having this issue. I've played the freelance careers before with no problem. I'd say I noticed the issue about a day ago.

Message 3 of 553 (99,925 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@HCSau Can you please try doing another job and track whether you get paid but maybe just not the notification about the payment? I will also try to reproduce in my game. Please let me know how your test goes also. Thank you!

Edit: I have just completed a freelancer gig with my sim. I did find that when I had completed the last task (in my case it was a Fashion Photographer), I had the 'gig' notice checklist open, and the list disappeared and the money entered the household funds, but there was no notification on the wall either to tell me the gig was successfully completed or to tell me that the payment has been added to my household funds. If this type of notification used to be there for you upon gig completion and you are also not seeing these final notifications in your follow-up test, you could create a bug report on this issue. If you do this, please add a note and link to the report here to tell me that you have created a report. I could then look into getting this thread merged into the bug report, and I could 'me too' the report. This way others could add 'me too's to the bug report if others are having this issue, and EA will become aware of it. 

Please find the 'Bug Report' area at this link: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

Message 4 of 553 (99,917 Views)

★ Guide
@SheriGR Thank you. I have just tried it today. The job was accepted but no pay at all, not even on re-entering the game. It's also very difficult to even get the work accepted in the first place at the moment. It has never been like this before. I would like to report it.
Message 5 of 553 (99,869 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@HCSau Go ahead and make the Bug Report. When you have done it please let me know here and I can look into getting this thread merged into it. Thanks!

Message 6 of 553 (99,865 Views)

★ Guide
@SheriGR Hi Sheri, I've created a bug report. I hope I did it right. I did put your name in it in hopes that you might find it easier.
Thank you
Message 8 of 553 (99,848 Views)

Re: Freelance Gig Bug

[ Edited ]
Champion

@HCSau I'm thinking I may re-test as a Freelance Artist, since my test was with the Freelance Photographer career and see if there is any difference. Can I confirm that this is the specific branch of the Freelancer Career you're having the issue with?

Edit: I have tested with the same results on the Freelance Artist career. I did the study, work, & submit for approval steps. I the got the notice that they were thrilled and gave a bonus and that they approved it. Same as before, though, I did not get a notice that the gig was complete but I did see the gig leave my board and the household funds increased. 

I look forward to seeing if others see this issue, or if they see it with other branches of the Freelancer career. Of course, it is possible it may be sporatic and that is why I don't necessarily see it with one test. We will see what others find and add.

Message 9 of 553 (99,848 Views)

Re: Freelance Gig Bug

★ Guide
@SheriGR It is the only career so far. I could try the other two to see.
Message 10 of 553 (99,832 Views)