Is sims 3 under maintenance? (I can log in everywhere except for the launcher)

by sandralady123

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Is sims 3 under maintenance? (I can log in everywhere except for the launcher)

★★★ Novice

Is sims 3 under maintenance? When I try to log in, while in the game or just in the launcher, the log in window closes and reopens immediately. However, I can log in anywhere else; the exchange, here, ...

The welcome page in the launcher is just blank :/ heeelp

Message 1 of 10 (872 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Is sims 3 under maintenance? (I can log in everywhere except for the launche

★★★ Novice

I have now tried everything I could think of.

1. I am still unable to get IE, but I was able to go into the control panel and reset everything on IE three times and restart my computer after every reset - Stil doesn't change anything.

2. I opened up Origin and updated it, I tried opening the game in Origin which updated my game to version 1.96.43.024017 - it still doesn't change anything.

3. In Origin I clicked with the right mouse tap on Sims 3 and started a repair thing - still doesn't change anything.

I really don't know what to do now, and I really hope this issue can be fixed Frown

Also I attached a photo to this comment, it's from the internet, but it shows excatly what the welcome page on Sims looks like to me right now, and it's the same updated version aswell.

View in thread

Message 8 of 10 (771 Views)

All Replies

Re: Is sims 3 under maintenance? (I can log in everywhere except for the launche

@sandralady123  I just tried logging into the launcher, and it worked fine for me, so if there was maintenance going on, it's done now.

If you still can't login, try clearing your browser cache for Internet Explorer.  Even if you never use it, the launcher does for some purposes.  Be sure to uncheck the box to preserve data for favorites.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 10 (858 Views)

★★★ Novice

I still can't log in on my launcher Frown(

About the internet explore thing, I have no idea how I can do that - also I might have removed internet explore completely because it got virus on it some years back, oops. Can I do it on firefox?

Message 3 of 10 (855 Views)

@sandralady123  If you have Windows, you have Internet Explorer somewhere.  Type Explorer into the search box, and you should be able to open it from there.  Clearing Firefox's cache is fine, but it won't do a thing for your login issues.  The launcher doesn't use Firefox's resources in Windows.

Message 4 of 10 (839 Views)

★★★ Novice

I do have windows, but I don't have internet explore at all. I've been trying to re-intall it for the past 45 minutes, but it doesn't work, and now internet explore is gone again :/ Also the game is now saying "Can't connect to origin" or something when it starts, so yeeeah another issue. Still haven't fixed the first yet ):

Message 5 of 10 (831 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is what the welcome page looks like

Message 6 of 10 (830 Views)

@sandralady123  I'm impressed that you at some point managed to uninstall IE—I figured that particular piece lf malware had so entertwined itself with the operating system that removing it was impossible.  I guess then the solution is to clear all of your other browser caches, including the ones you don't use.  The launcher has some way of borrowing a browser on macs. which don't have IE, so it must be using a different one on your system as well.

As for Origin, you can try clearing its cache.  But it looks like your game isn't controlled by Origin at the moment, since you're not on patch 1.69.  If you are forced to start the game through Origin (i.e. you can't just double-click on your Sims 3 icon with Origin closed), then it's probably a good idea to let it update.  But otherwise, keep Origin away from your Sims 3 install, or it will force you to play through Origin every time.

Message 7 of 10 (817 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have now tried everything I could think of.

1. I am still unable to get IE, but I was able to go into the control panel and reset everything on IE three times and restart my computer after every reset - Stil doesn't change anything.

2. I opened up Origin and updated it, I tried opening the game in Origin which updated my game to version 1.96.43.024017 - it still doesn't change anything.

3. In Origin I clicked with the right mouse tap on Sims 3 and started a repair thing - still doesn't change anything.

I really don't know what to do now, and I really hope this issue can be fixed Frown

Also I attached a photo to this comment, it's from the internet, but it shows excatly what the welcome page on Sims looks like to me right now, and it's the same updated version aswell.

Message 8 of 10 (772 Views)

★★★ Novice

OMG now it works! I just looked through a bunch of old sims 3 screenshots while I was wating for you to answer, and then I tried logging in for the the 9999th time, and it worked for some reason!

Crossing fingers it keeps working :D Thanks for taking your time to help, even though I have no idea which of the things I tried helped, so I'll mark my reply with the 3 different tries, as the solution.

Message 9 of 10 (759 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@sandralady123  I don't recommend removing IE (Internet Explorer). Just don't use it. Many programs use the APIs (application program interface) in IE to communicate and removing IE could (probably) make some programs to not work or stop working. There was a time when IE was considered a monopoly and Microsoft then made Explorer able to be uninstalled. It was nice of Mr Gates to provide documentation on how to use the APIs and so many programmers use them - why reinvent the wheel.

Message 10 of 10 (745 Views)