Re: Is it worth it?

by HaveYouSeenSean

Original Post

Is it worth it?

★ Apprentice

Hi. I have been Umming and Arring weather or not to get The Sims 4. Is it worth it? My friend Keeps saying that it is better than all of them and takes the best bits of each game and puts it here. Is he lying because I seen many reports that Simmers are not happy with it. Is The Sims 4 worth buying?

Message 1 of 8 (294 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This game is an absolute joke. They basically re-released The Sims 2 and took out all of the best features of the game. I just wish that if EA was that hard up for money they would've held a fundraiser rather than rape our pockets. 

Message 2 of 8 (286 Views)

★ Apprentice

What were the best features of Sims 2? I've never played it.

Message 3 of 8 (282 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I agree with you!!!  What a Waste of my time!! I took Sims3 off my PC so there would be more room for the Sims 4, thinking that there would be a lot of better things, etc.  Now I will be reloading all of Sims 3.  My son bought Sims 4 for me for Christmas because I wanted it.  Instead of improving on the Sims3, as they usually do with later versions, they have taken you back to Sims 2 without the good parts.  I am very diasappointed that my son wasted his money on a game that is useless!!

Message 4 of 8 (277 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'll be staying with Sims 3 on what the internet (including you 2) has said. It might be that my friend is trying to get me to waste my money or a EA fan. Thank You!

Message 5 of 8 (274 Views)

★★★ Novice
It's definitely different from Sims 3, but you can't think of it as a continuation of sims 3 otherwise you will be disappointed. I have all the sims 3 expansions and I still play both but honestly it took awhile to get used to the limitations of sims 4.

I would still recommend it even though I currently am not even able to play it because of a loading bug. Maybe wait awhile or even get it on sale.
Message 6 of 8 (266 Views)

★★★ Novice

Currently? Not at all, But this is their buisness model and sadly it always will be, cut features from the last games and re-releases them as EP's for more money. I didn't buy Sims 3 until Late Night came out, I regret buying Sims 4 so early but the building made it seem worth it, boy was a surprised when I couldn't do any landscaping, lol.

Wait until a few EP's drop.

Message 7 of 8 (259 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Hello,

The AnswerHQ forums are designed for players who are having problems/issues with the game or need technical support.

Any suggestions you may have would be better posted on TheSims.com forums, where you'll probably be better heard.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/

I hope this helps and keep simming,

Cody

Message 8 of 8 (254 Views)