Re: Is it possible to recover my old sims3 account and/or game code?

by roberta591

Original Post

Is it possible to recover my old sims3 account and/or game code?

★ Novice

Years ago, I registered my Sims 3 code to a thesim3.com account. The registered mail account no longer exists and I can't remember the password. My origin account I used to buy the Sims 4 is under a different, active email. I still have the computer I originally installed it on, however my newer laptop would run it astronomically better. 

The disks are still fine, but my laptop doesn't have a disk drive I cant get my hands on an external one.

I actually have two copies of the game (2009 and 2012 edition) but lost the maual for one. 

Is there any way I can recover my game/account? If not is there any way I can prove I own these items so i can get a replacement code?

Message 1 of 5 (1,403 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@dil-3mmma

You have to contact an EA game advisor and try to prove your ownership to them. Standard smile

Go here to contact EA support: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/

• In the upper right corner, choose your region. If it's not there, choose US or UK.
  • Choose a game. If you need help with an account issue, choose Origin
  • Choose your platform
  • Choose topic and issue to give EA details.
  • Click Select contact option, and hopefully you get in touch with someone fast!

Here are some tips on how to do it if it's complicated!
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/How-to-contact-an-Advisor-via-EA-Help/m-p/5650100

Good Luck!

Message 2 of 5 (1,399 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@dil-3mmma  Google and download an application called gamekeyrevealer on the old computer. If the codes are still in the registry (they should be) they will be displayed.  The software on the discs is generic and out of date. Once you redeem your codes in Origin you can get the digital down load version of the games and packs.

Message 3 of 5 (1,384 Views)

★ Novice

I Already registered the codes to my old account which i cannot access anymore. I tried this anyway, just in case, and as suspected this method did not work Frown

Message 4 of 5 (1,374 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@dil-3mmma  As accounts can not be accessed in these forums you will have to contact EA customer service at the above link to recover your old account.

Message 5 of 5 (1,364 Views)