Is There a Way to Install Sims 4 Without Logging Into Origin Client?

by MaddisonBunBunni

Original Post

Is There a Way to Install Sims 4 Without Logging Into Origin Client?

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I have been having trouble with the Origin Client and I seriously do NOT want to deal with it at the moment. I have just bought Sims 4 and would like to play it, ASAP. So, is there a way to install the Sims 4 without logging into origin? It doesn't look it, but I'd figure I'd ask anyway. I just honestly hate the client. I don't need it.

Message 1 of 53 (140,656 Views)

Re: Is There a Way to Install Sims 4 Without Logging Into Origin Client?

Community Manager

You need to use Origin for the initial install. What issues are you having, perhaps we can help?

Once the game is installed and launched once, you can set Origin to offline and launch the game without using it. It's worth checking back occasionally for updates/patches though.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 53 (140,223 Views)

★★★ Novice

i also have the same problem.
whenever origins starts my connection gets cut, so i can't even install my game that i bought today.

Message 3 of 53 (140,184 Views)

★ Apprentice

It's a problem many people are having. It says something like, 'you must be online for the first time logging in'(or something like that, I don't remember) or when I open the client it says it's offline. I've seen how to fix it, I turned off my proxy server and it didn't work.

Message 4 of 53 (140,152 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem, it keeps saying i'm offline and won't allow me to install the game. i bought the disc hard copy from target, so why do i even need to be online to install anways? that aside, i am online, but it keeps giving me that message and i've been trying for 2 days and it's quite frustrating.

Message 5 of 53 (139,423 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi guys.

I, like you, was incredibly frustrated with getting Origin to work. I attempted to turn off proxy- I don't use one anyway. Then I turned off firewall and antivirus, as I thought that could be interfering. No dice, origin still wouldn't let me online. Finally I talked to a nice chappie called Ryan at EA support (the first of six people that were actually helpful btw!). He got me to follow these directions:

The next thing that you need to do after running the ccleaner is to disable User account control. User Account Control (UAC) requires the user to manually approve program and game executable launches. This can interfere with any game functions that are triggered on start up, such as connecting to servers or attempting to verify installed DLC.
Here's how:
1. Navigate to the desktop.
2. Hold down the Windows key and press R. (This will open the Run dialogue.)
3. Type msconfig and press Enter.
4. In System Configuration, select the Tools tab.
5. Select Change UAC Settings and click the Launch button.
6. Pull the level to the down position Never Notify and click the OK button.

Next is to disable firewall, then try opening Origin again.

I have no idea why it worked, but it got origin working. I'm so damn happy right now it's not funny. Btw you may have to restart before Origin will work.

Asides that:

@Yoriana wrote:

I'm having the same problem, it keeps saying i'm offline and won't allow me to install the game. i bought the disc hard copy from target, so why do i even need to be online to install anways? that aside, i am online, but it keeps giving me that message and i've been trying for 2 days and it's quite frustrating.

You can install from the disc.

Right-click the picture of the sims download in Origin.

Cancel download.

Go into offline mode. (Origin tab>Go offline)

Go into my Computer

Double click the first Sims disc. 

Press continue.

Should bring up a dialogue box to pick your language and voila! Origin will "COPY" a hell of a lot faster than downloading 8Gb you already have on the disc.

Message 6 of 53 (139,402 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I FINALLY managed to install my Sims 4 game through Origin yesterday, but now I can't open it. Online login is unavailable as usual, but I thought I didn't need to be online anymore?!

The game I registered and installed and played yesterday isn't in my list of games on Origin anymore. Whenever I try to open the game from the disc it wants me to activate it again, although I already did. It's installed on my computer, but I can't open it. It's driving me CRAZY!!!

What can I do? What do we do when Origin doesn't exist anyway? Do we sit there with a useless game?

Message 7 of 53 (139,284 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I tried what you said and it didn't work.

Message 8 of 53 (139,089 Views)

★★ Novice

IM SO OVER ORIGIN!

I cant even get thru to any origin consultant.. 

I've tried everything.

Message 9 of 53 (139,048 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Origin is starting to tick me off one minute I am online then I am ofline I was able to download the sims4 then it said I need to update and I can't update because I am offline. At first I had to delete all my Sims 3 games and then origin, then it automatically downloaded again when I installed the Sims 4 and mow I can't even play the game because the stupid thing is saying I offline and can't access the full range of origin, what the hell is going on. I am extremely angry and frustrated

Message 10 of 53 (137,080 Views)