Re: Invite Co-Stars and Director Bug

by DonroaAkashu

Original Post

Invite Co-Stars and Director Bug

★★★ Novice

I can for the love of GOD not get the "Invite Director and Co-Stars" to work! I do NOT mod the game and I live on the Island from Island Living. I got the gig, now I have to get a relationship with the Director, but I cant invite them! No text box pops up where they say they're on their way and no one shows up for several in-game hours. Please help me I am going insane

Message 1 of 6 (2,223 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@LordZetheron  On which lot do you live? Is it a premade lot, and did you edit it, or built/downloaded from the Gallery? Does your sim know any of their collegues? Does it happen often?

Message 2 of 6 (2,203 Views)

★★★ Novice

Its a premade lot. I only built out the house, nothing else is changed. And when I checked he did not know any of the coworkers. I just recently started playing again so this is the first time, before it worked. I made it so he's friends with the recent coworkers, though I did not achive to be friends with the director in time. 

Message 3 of 6 (2,186 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@LordZetheron Thanks. I remember having that issue once, and I got to know the director just to see if that would change anything, but I was testing something else and did not continue playing the career, and have not since. There is an old bug report for this issue, that was moved to Technical section, here it is:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Cast-amp-Crew-not-coming-over-after-being-invited/td-p...

Some of the lots in Sulani have had routing issues, so that's why I am asking. Is the premade lot Lagoon Look? There has been bug reports about NPC sims not coming to the door, because the veranda was too narrow. 

Message 4 of 6 (2,179 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am pretty sure it is! Haha oh my god. I will try to see if I can move them but keep them on the islands still. Thank you for the help!

Message 5 of 6 (2,168 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@LordZetheron  You are welcome! If it happens again just post, and if you want, post in that bug report, it might need to be categorized as a bug again, and brought to the attention of The Sims Team (to be fixed).

Message 6 of 6 (2,157 Views)