Invisible or underground sims

by disneegrrl

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Invisible or underground sims

★ Novice

When I move characters from one household to another in my game, sometimes they seem to disappear underground. I can see their thoughts moving around the lot, on the ground, but can't control them or see them. Often their icon in the  menu is blank too.

Message 1 of 14 (33,885 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Invisible or underground sims

[ Edited ]
Hero

You should not use moveObjects to move Sims. Using it for building is ok as long as you don't over-do it. Make sure to turn it off if you no longer need it.

Use the cheat resetsim firstname lastname (name of your Sim) to get them unstuck from any situation.

I would suggest to reset everyone with resetsim * to see if you get rid of the issue.

If that does not help, try the factory resetting solution described here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Troubleshooting-Steps/m-p/714/message-uid/714#U714

If that still does not help, it might be best to copy all your beloved Sims to the library and then move them to a fresh town.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 14 (38,543 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Is this just happening in one game or all of them ? Are you using mods or custom content ? Do you use the cheat moveobject on ?

Missing portraits are  a sign of game corruption most of the time.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (33,795 Views)

★ Novice

I have several sims in the same town and I jump from house to house as I play. It is all in the same game though. I do use "moveobjects on" when building, and occasionally my sims feet get stuck to the ground and I use this to get them loose. The undergrund problem mostly happens with horses in my game instead of people. I do use CC so maybe that's the issue. 

Message 3 of 14 (33,794 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

You should not use moveObjects to move Sims. Using it for building is ok as long as you don't over-do it. Make sure to turn it off if you no longer need it.

Use the cheat resetsim firstname lastname (name of your Sim) to get them unstuck from any situation.

I would suggest to reset everyone with resetsim * to see if you get rid of the issue.

If that does not help, try the factory resetting solution described here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Troubleshooting-Steps/m-p/714/message-uid/714#U714

If that still does not help, it might be best to copy all your beloved Sims to the library and then move them to a fresh town.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 14 (38,544 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks for the great advice; I'll give it a try!

Message 5 of 14 (33,787 Views)

★★★★ Novice

If you go to "plan outift", when you exit your sim will appear. This is what I did. Confusedmileyvery-happy:

Message 6 of 14 (31,104 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Oh my gosh, thank you SO SO much!! I've had so much trouble with this before, and always resorted to uninstalling and reinstalling my games; it was always so depresseing, especially since it always conveniently happened right after I was making some real progress with my families. Going into 'Plan Outfit" worked for me! Thanks again!! Standard smile

Message 7 of 14 (30,425 Views)

★★ Novice

Oh my goodness, thank you so much for the Plan-Outfit-Trick... I KNOW I should make more saves, but I had been saving on top of my one save for ages, and then my main sim got completely corrupted - invisible, no portrait, and below ground.

When I went into "plan outfit" I couldn't see him at first, but I saw a portrait in the bottom that was some other generic sim - but then I clicked on "every day" outfit and tadaa! There he was, after a moment. Phew. PHEW!

I hope he stays visible and above ground now. He's supposed to get married and have babies, so I can't have him playing basement-cat like that :P

Message 8 of 14 (29,509 Views)

★★ Novice

i had the same problem also. but when i moved to a new town it fixed it.. but now i thought i'd get some roomates to fill the extra space? now one of them is also invisible and underground.. i dont really want to have to start fresh.. :catsad:

Message 9 of 14 (28,071 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey, uh, so my Sim has a girl best friend that i want him to start dating, and whenever she comes over, she's invisible. I can't even interact with her. I'll try to reset her tomorrow though, then I'll see if it fixed it.

Message 10 of 14 (27,702 Views)