Re: Invisible or underground sims

by areebacupcakes

Original Post

★ Novice
I was SO GLAD you shared this solution, (plan outfit), because not only did it work, but, it also happened to me, without my using mods or the "move objects" cheat. Thank you!
Message 11 of 14 (986 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@crinrict wrote:

You should not use moveObjects to move Sims. Using it for building is ok as long as you don't over-do it. Make sure to turn it off if you no longer need it.

Use the cheat resetsim firstname lastname (name of your Sim) to get them unstuck from any situation.

I would suggest to reset everyone with resetsim * to see if you get rid of the issue.

If that does not help, try the factory resetting solution described here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Troubleshooting-Steps/m-p/714/message-uid/714#U714

If that still does not help, it might be best to copy all your beloved Sims to the library and then move them to a fresh town.

I had the same problem as the original poster but I haven't ever used moveobjects on I also have tried everything else you have said and yes I did copy them and went to a new town but when I placed them into a house the same sim was still invisible Devil

Message 12 of 14 (942 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

If you have master controller mod like me that’s really helpful, go to the nearest community lot for example a hospital and visit it, so your sim will go inside. Then press their icon and it will come up with the usual options such as change outfit etc. Then if you have the master controller mod you press nraas and it will give you all the normal options and you can reset sim through the advanced option and that works. I seriously recommend the master controller mod it can literally solve any issue for me.

Xx

Edit: Naming MasterController is fine, but please don't link to mods or any downloadable third-party content.  -puzzlezaddict

Message 13 of 14 (663 Views)

★ Novice
@disneegrrl I just encountered this problem and couldn't get my sim to shower or change outfit with dresser (as if there was something in the way of the objects). I experimented and 2 things worked for me: moving them to a new town (but this deletes relationships and wishes), or WooHooing in a wardrobe which changes their outfit. For some reason he could interact with the wardrobe but not a dresser... Hope this helps someone else who doesnt wanna lose their favorite sim to a corrupt outfit!
Message 14 of 14 (514 Views)