Invisible objects

by lissrupp

Original Post

Re: Invisible objects

Hero

@lissrupp 

I tried to duplicate the issue in both a vanilla save and in my main save with mods and cc.  The only time I had this happen is when I had something on the wall above the spot that blocked the bed or crib and with a certain set curtains (C&D) that seems to block everything placed near them and a cc rug I have.  In all those cases, something had to be placed with MOO on.  Otherwise, everything placed just fine.  So I can't figure out what may be causing the problem.

So you said you used cc but have taken it out of the game.  Even though cc has been removed from a game, it sometimes leaves remnants behind.  This might be caused by cc if you had cc cribs or toddler beds.  Just a guess.  But have you saved the lot where this first happened after removing your cc to your library and placed it in a new game?

Would you be willing to upload the lot where you first noticed it to the gallery?  I am willing to take a look at it if you are to see if it still happens then.

Hope this helps.

Message 11 of 12 (426 Views)

Re: Invisible objects

★★★ Novice

My whole catalogue is showing fine but when I go to select and place anything, I can't because nothing shows on the grid. The items aren't invisible...they're just not there. The last time that happened, the catalogue was blank so I couldn't select anything to place because there was nothing there. I've repaired the game via Origin. I've removed some of the mods I'm not too bothered about but I HATE that, every time the game update, all my CC and mods breaks. Then I have to spend ages trying to figure out what the problem is. I ned u[ with duplicates of things I've downloaded because there's a broken file and a new file until I can filter through them. It's just so annoying for a game I've spent SO much money on that's not as good to play without mods and CC. 

Message 12 of 12 (389 Views)