Re: Invisible face townie glitch sims 4

by dd01091

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Invisible face townie glitch sims 4

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hello! Since this week I seem to have a glitch in my game and I don't know where it comes from or how to solve it. All the randomized townies appear without a face, like only the hair and teeth are visible. The townies created by EA are fine. My characters did get a child and when she grew up to become a teenager she got the same scary face and one time in character creation I also got a face like that.

I did do some research and apparently this happened in 2017 as well because of the 'no EA eyelashes' mod, but I don't have this mod installed and I also tried turning off all my mods and cc. I hear something about deleting your safe files to reset it, but I would prefer not to do that if there is another solution.

I use windows 10 and have a few expansion packs, my game is also up-to-date. I also used sims 4 studio to put 'no cc for random' on and that is working fine. Could you please help? It's quite scary/annoying actually. 

Message 1 of 4 (2,583 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@dd01091

Unfortunately, it looks like this save is broken and the bug is irreparable.

Save your family to the library. Do the same with their home

Start a new game with random sim without mods and try adding one by one your CC to mods folder. Keep doing it to find the culprit of this bug. 

You have to find broken mods and CC  and replace it with new versions or delete it. Save this game option "save as bug" When you will find these broken mods or CC you can start a really new game.
Start a new game with your old family. They will keep all their rewards, skills and levels of career. They will lose their friends and money. Download this family to the empty lot, add them money with the "motherlode code" so that they can pay for their old house, what they will get in build mode from your library. Save it option "save as..family name number 1 ." 

Now you can delete all old saves in option "save as"  Save your game always an option "save as ..next number" Keep two last saves and delete older. 

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (2,516 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@dd01091

This is caused by some outdated CC.
After each patch, part of the CC or mods may not be compatible with the game. You have to find culprits to replace them by up to date version or delete them.

Disabling mods is not enough.

Move the mods folder to the desktop.

Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder - don't worry the game will create a new one but without saved errors

Fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library - right click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.

Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder. Check if a game is working now without mods.

Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods every time checking if the game is OK. Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method

Otherwise, try doing a factory reset as described in this post:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 4 (2,548 Views)

★ Novice

Unfortunately this didn't work. I did what you said and removed the mods en repaired the game. But even without any mods in the folder the glitch was still there. I did realize that when I took out everything, my mods + all my saves, and started from scratch, the glitch most likely didn't happen; although I didn't play long enough to properly test it. 

However if anyone knows a solution that does not require me deleting all my save files, that would be great. Thank you for your help and time though!

Message 3 of 4 (2,528 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@dd01091

Unfortunately, it looks like this save is broken and the bug is irreparable.

Save your family to the library. Do the same with their home

Start a new game with random sim without mods and try adding one by one your CC to mods folder. Keep doing it to find the culprit of this bug. 

You have to find broken mods and CC  and replace it with new versions or delete it. Save this game option "save as bug" When you will find these broken mods or CC you can start a really new game.
Start a new game with your old family. They will keep all their rewards, skills and levels of career. They will lose their friends and money. Download this family to the empty lot, add them money with the "motherlode code" so that they can pay for their old house, what they will get in build mode from your library. Save it option "save as..family name number 1 ." 

Now you can delete all old saves in option "save as"  Save your game always an option "save as ..next number" Keep two last saves and delete older. 

Message 4 of 4 (2,517 Views)