Re: Invisible barrier

by Twikii

Original Post

Champion

@Twikii Nice troubleshooting! Yes, a screenshot of your sim waving by the right wall would work as long as I know which wall it is. Maybe add red paint to the wall before taking the screenshot and pan back just enough for me to see the layout of the upstairs so I know where the wall is located. Thanks!

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 11 of 17 (504 Views)

Champion

Hmm... so far I can't see it in the gallery. What is your ID there?

Message 12 of 17 (504 Views)

★ Apprentice

My ID is Twikii. The wall is the front door. It's the only door into the house.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/C424CEF680E811E98CF355401F3B2214?category=al...

Message 13 of 17 (502 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Twikii Okay... I have found that there seems to be some type of glitch in the section of roof that is above the door. I found that if I delete that part of the roofing (on the left), make a copy of the section of roof on the right, and add this section to the left area and adjust it to fit properly that the sim can now use the door. Please see this in this screencast/video and let me know if you are able to reproduce this in your game. Thank you!
https://youtu.be/ORtl3IJRvh8

Message 14 of 17 (1,583 Views)

★ Apprentice

When I first attempted it, it wasn't working and I was about to slip into despair. But then I watched your video again and saw that you didn't adjust the roof height after placing the new roofing, so I went back and raised mine up the extra click and VOILA! Free movement. This is the weirdest glitch. Thank you so much for all your help. You've saved my house!

Message 15 of 17 (479 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Twikii I'm so pleased! Yes glitches can make us nuts sometimes! Your house is very nice and I am happy to hear it is working properly for you now. Have a lovely evening! :eahigh_file:

Message 16 of 17 (477 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks for the compliment. :eahigh_file: You have a great night, too!

Message 17 of 17 (470 Views)