Invisible Trash Glitch

by Temaraii

Original Post

Invisible Trash Glitch

★★★ Novice

I have a pretty bad problem where my Sims were getting the unpleasant surroundings moodlet when stepping into the kitchen.  Couldn't find any trash or left over plates, searched all floors and the whole house, including inventories, for nothing.  Then I find that Sims can't reach the fridge anymore, despite having been able to a game day before.  I try moving the fridge, and find I can't place it or anything else in the area that I have shown in the attached screenshot.  A 2x1 invisible object is right in the middle of my kitchen Devil  I wonder if anyone else has had the same glitch?  Can't seem to find anything on how to fix it

Message 1 of 25 (3,127 Views)

Re: Invisible Trash Glitch

Do you have any mods or CC (custom content)? Try taking that out.
See this for more information: [PLEASE READ] Usage of Mods and Custom Content 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 25 (3,124 Views)

★★★ Novice

No, I have all of the expansion packs, and only installed Dine Out today, but no CC or mods

Message 3 of 25 (3,120 Views)

@Temaraii moved to the bug forum.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 4 of 25 (3,112 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Temaraii Your issue sounds somewhat similar to this one  If you exit the game and reload your save, does it (temporarily) fix the problem?  Have you tried clearing your cache and repairing the game?  If you take those steps, and it doesn't correct the problem, could you upload the home to the Gallery (call it Test Routing Bug or something along those lines) and let me know when it's up?  I'd like to take a closer look.

Message 5 of 25 (3,091 Views)

★★★ Novice

@BryonyRae Reset and clearing cache didn't work.  House is now uploaded to the gallery as Test Routing Bug

Message 6 of 25 (3,085 Views)

Hero (Retired)

What happens when you exit and reload the save?  I will download the build now and let you know what I find.

Message 7 of 25 (3,080 Views)

★★★ Novice

Nothing's changed.  I also tried to hire a maid to see if they could locate any trash, but they just turned up, said nothing needed doing, and then left

Message 8 of 25 (3,078 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Temaraii I believe the problem in routing is caused by the hanging pot rack you have near the refrigerator.  If you delete it, the sim can route to the fridge again.  I know because it hangs well above the sim's walking area, you would think it wouldn't interfere, but I've seen them cause these routing failures before.  If you select it, you can see that its footprint (green highlight) takes up the two squares in front of the fridge.

Message 9 of 25 (3,075 Views)

★★★ Novice

@BryonyRae  Thank you!  The pot rack was the cause of not being able to get to the fridge!  (I didn't like the look of it anyway Party hat )  But I still have a negative moodlet for Unpleasant Surroundings.  Is this another glitch?  Or is this just in my game and not your version?

Message 10 of 25 (3,073 Views)