Re: Invisible Sim?

by T3RRY0105

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Invisible Sim?

★★★ Newbie

Please help, I have an invisible sim. I can only see her green plumbob above her head, and even the slots where just her face is supposed to be is cleared away! I used the cheat testingCheatsenabled true to see if I could've done anything with that, and I'm not sure if I can. I even used resetSim <simname> <simname> and got no results, the cheat just doesn't work. I'm not 100% sure if it is a glitch or if I got a curse or something since I have my latest expansion as Supernatural, but I cannot interact with her. I can send my sim to do stuff like eat, sleep, shower, basically everything... But I cannot click on her because I can't even find her. The plumbob helps me try to locate her but I tap that area where she might be and nothing happens. Please help, I've been working on this sim for a while and she is my favourite game to play on... Is it a corrupted save? Can I revert to a save that happened before this invisible nonsense started? I have searched on the wiki about this problem and how to fix it, looked around on FAQ and read some questions about this that others have asked, and there are varied reasons. Please answer as quick as possible, but I understand that you probably get tons of these questions a day. I will poke around for more possible solutions, and hopefully I will get one from this question or my research. Thank you for your time of reading this long question, I just wanted to make sure I described everything well and stated that I have done multiple things to help myself.

Message 1 of 13 (115,129 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Invisible SIms are usually due to corrupted outfits. 

Since you can still navigate the Sim, try changing the cloth on the dresser to see if that makes him visible again.

There are other reasons but since Supernatural that's the most comon one. More info here: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/04/bug-invisible-sims.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 13 (142,595 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Invisible SIms are usually due to corrupted outfits. 

Since you can still navigate the Sim, try changing the cloth on the dresser to see if that makes him visible again.

There are other reasons but since Supernatural that's the most comon one. More info here: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/04/bug-invisible-sims.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (142,596 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Oh my gosh thank you!

It worked very well and the only thing I'm wondering about now is, according to that link you sent, why her "Everyday" clothing made her disappear, not her career outfit. Thanks again Standard smile

Message 3 of 13 (115,092 Views)

Hero

Both can corrupt. The career one just seemst o be more problematic (it has some major bugs).

Glad it helped you and thanks for accepting a solution.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 13 (115,091 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This happened to mine after she went to space? I just made her shower and she just reappeared
Message 5 of 13 (112,416 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you! This saved my sim,I was so confused. It was the work outfit for my sim (Doctor) thank god going to the dresser worked!

Message 6 of 13 (88,488 Views)

★★ Novice

I had the same issue. Tried shower, didn't work. So I was going to exit out of the game and clicked save and my sim was visible again. Dont know if this will fix it completely and everytime but its worth a shot 

Message 7 of 13 (50,921 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah, I had the same issues. It did work for me too when I changed clothes. But it's kinda weird tho, she was wearing her work clothing (singer in the Showtime expansion pack) why is that "corrupted"? 

Message 8 of 13 (50,623 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having the same issue right now but with an infant, its invisible, other sims can interact with it but I can't see it. I can't force age it because its invisible, I can't edit it in CAS because I can't select it.....is there anything else I can do? The cake option does not age the baby either, the sim holding the baby goes through all the motions but then just picks the baby back up and puts in the crib.

Message 9 of 13 (50,042 Views)

@sammysammsamms  Delete the five cache files in your Sims 3 game folder in Documents, and then try to age up the infant again.  Those files should be deleted regularly anyway, and every time you quit while troubleshooting.  For reference, they are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

If that doesn't help, go to Edit Town and evict the family and move them back in.  The sims will keep their jobs and relationships but lose their promised wishes and opportunities.  If you don't want this to happen, you could split the baby and one adult off and then place them back into the house; the other sims' wishes would not be affected.

Also, do you use custom content at all?  Even if you don't have any items specifically for infants, bad cc can mess up their appearance too.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 10 of 13 (50,035 Views)