Original Post

Accepted Solution

Invisible Clothing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Get Together, Get to Work, Parenthood, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Luxury Party Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have run across it only 2x. Once when a child aged up to a teen and the teen's pants were invisible and today when I logged in to my retail shop having saved the game and closed it while shop was still open and one of the Loiterer's shirt is invisible. I have no idea how to repro this.
What happens when the bug occurs? A Sim renders with not just a piece of clothing being invisible but that whole section of their body. The shirt itself is bugged, including all of the available colors of the shirt. I also tried editing another Sim to put the shirt on them to see if it was the shirt or the Sim that is bugged and the shirt turned the entire torso of the other Sim invisible. I really like this particular shirt, but it looks like from this point on in my game play the shirt is ruined.
What do you expect to see? Sims 4 clothing should be visible at all times and not make whole parts of Sims' bodies disappear.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

All I use is MCCC and only as an easy way to use cheats to get around the multitude of bugs inherent to Sims 4. I don't use ANY custom content. The shirt and pants that turned invisible are default to the game. I don't have a picture of the pants -- I didn't like them anyway so I will never be using them. But I sure do like this shirt and I'm going to have to go back to an earlier save in order to get it back.

Edit:: 

Oh my word I keep going back and back to earlier and earlier saves and this Sim's shirt is still invisible.

It is a Sim I have not played in a long time but want to play again. Who knows how long her shirt has been invisible. I have just lost possibly weeks of game play to this bug if I want this shirt back. I will try to find all the way back to the last time I played this Sim just for science, but there is absolutely no way I am going to redo all the hours of work I put into the game to regain my progress *with* the shirt intact.

If I hadn't already experienced such a plethora of bugs in Sims 2, Sims 3, and Sims 4, I might not be so worn down by them. As it stands, hitting yet another tragic bug like this has made Sims 4 unplayable for me until there is a fix. Again, I have never used CC or mods. This game breaks so bad on me I am scared CC will break it worse. I only finally gave in and got MCCC a month or so ago upon someone's recommendation because it was the *only* way I was going to be able to bypass an annoying relationship status bug. I love Sims, y'all. There is a reason I keep coming back. But man. I am just exhausted from the bugs. I am really going to miss this game. So much of it is so well done

(merge post) - Atic

Message 1 of 6 (3,825 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Invisible Clothing

★★★ Apprentice

I ran game repair and the shirt is back (in case anyone else is looking for this bug.) When I went all the way back to the last time I had played this Sim and her shirt was *still* bugged, I started wondering if I just needed to run a repair. I had forgotten that I had committed to myself to run a repair daily b/c of stuff like this >.<

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (3,798 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Apprentice

I ran game repair and the shirt is back (in case anyone else is looking for this bug.) When I went all the way back to the last time I had played this Sim and her shirt was *still* bugged, I started wondering if I just needed to run a repair. I had forgotten that I had committed to myself to run a repair daily b/c of stuff like this >.<

Message 2 of 6 (3,799 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

The shirt disappeared again today, so I ran another repair and it reappeared. But after a few hours of game play it disappeared again. Should I create another bug report thread?

Message 3 of 6 (3,706 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I also often have this bug where clothes disappear along with the body part, but not only in sims 4, but in all the other sims too. The most frustrating thing is when this tank happens to the most favorite Sim's clothes. I think there should be many times more clothes, of all kinds, so that you can not only create a unique face, but the clothes emphasize uniqueness. I would add a great variety of business suits alone, as at . Because the standard clothes in the game are very bad, without mods it's not fixed at all.

EDIT by EA_Jason: Removed link. 

Message 4 of 6 (2,812 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Old topic, but have you tried getting rid of Conflicts with Mod assistant? Usually, this is caused by a Conflict with two clothing items or accessories. I also use SimStudio occasionally to check for Broken CC. From what ive gathered, SimStudio shows you "most" of the Broken CC in your game, excluding conflicts I think. Otherwise, Idk why i spent 3 hours skimming my CC just to find nothing broken until I load in game and have invisible tops and clothing.. -.- It really is a battle, but the more and more you clean your CC the easier it gets to find the broken/old CC that is causing the issue! 

Message 5 of 6 (730 Views)

Community Manager

Thread locked to prevent further "necro-posting". Please create a new thread for this issue. Thank you.

Aljo.png
Message 6 of 6 (698 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help