Invalid login/The Sims 3 Launcher Issues

by ggyo164

Original Post

Re: The Sims 3 won't let me log in, and the welcome page is being weird

Community Manager (retired)

Sul sul, simmers!

Thank you for your patience! As the thread has gone a bit quiet, I just want to double-check with you all to see if you are all still having the issue after following the troubleshooting @EA_Lanna mentioned. Are you able to log in?

If you are still having difficulties, there may be another workaround you can try to get logged in to the launcher.

1. From the Launcher, start the game.
    sims3-launcher1.jpg

2. Log in from inside the game
    sims3-launcher2.jpg

sims3-launcher3.jpg

3. Once the game is logged in, the Launcher should show you logged in, as well.
    sims3-launcher4.jpg

Please let us know if you've tried the troubleshooting, and workaround, and are still having difficulty logging in. We'll be happy to take a look further.

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 11 of 85 (3,083 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Are you playing on Windows or Mac?

Windows 10

Where are you having issues to log in? (Launcher, main menu or both?)

Launcher only I believe, what is the "main menu?"

Can you log into thesims3.com?
Yes and Origin and EA and SWTOR

Did you install The Sims 3 from CD or Origin?

I installed it through Steam. I have also tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it.

When you open your The Sims 3 Launcher, which version number can you see in the bottom left corner? (See spoiler for help locating this number)

Timestamp of when you experienced the issue last? (Please, include time, date and timezone)

Today is June 28, 2019. I have not been able to login for at least 2 weeks. I am Pacific time.

Do you remember the date when this happened for the first time?

I don't remember, but I've changed my password at least twice in the past 6 months or so.

Are you getting any error messages?

Invalid Email/password!
The email address or password is invalid. Please try to log in again.

I get that message OVER AND OVER and it doesn't matter which different login on the launcher I try. THE LAUNCHER IS NOT WORKING, PERIOD. It's really quite irritating since this issue is YEARS OLD.  The earliest post I've seen about this same issue 2013.

Message 12 of 85 (3,065 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello!
I haven't played for a really long time (like a year) and tried to start my game today and think I have this issue.

I tried everything suggested but still can't log into the launcher or the game.

One difference in my situation might be that since I haven't played for so long, Origin prompted me to reactivate my account and choose a new password, but apart from that I have the same problem described here. I can log in to Origin, thesims3.com and here too. But not The Sims 3 launcher or in game.
I don't get any error messages in the launcher, it just pops up again asking for the password. When trying in game it says invalid password.

• Are you playing on Windows or Mac?
    PC, Windows 10.

• Where are you having issues to log in? (Launcher, main menu or both?)
    Both.

• Can you log into thesims3.com?
    Yes.

• Did you install The Sims 3 from CD or Origin?
    I'm pretty sure it was Origin, but I have all the discs in the basement. Standard smile

• When you open your The Sims 3 Launcher, which version number can you see in the bottom left corner? (See spoiler for help locating this number)

• Timestamp of when you experienced the issue last? (Please, include time, date and timezone)
    11 am GMT+2, 1 july 2019. 

• Do you remember the date when this happened for the first time?
    This is the first time I think. Had a similar problem before (over a year ago, haven't played since though) but resetting everything in IE helped then.

• Are you getting any error messages?
    Only in game manu where it says password is invalid. Nothing in launcher where the login window just pops back up again when pressing OK, it doesn't say it's wrong just pops back up.
Message 13 of 85 (3,040 Views)

★★ Novice
@pepsinisse It works now, changed password, again, through this site:
https://myaccount.ea.com/cp-ui/security/index
Message 14 of 85 (3,010 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi folks, 

Thanks for getting us that information. We've taken a look into this but were not able to reproduce the issue on our end.

If you're still experiencing issues following these steps (#1 and #2), please clear your Internet Explorer history and let us know if that's fixed the Launcher issues for you: 

1. Click on the cog icon at the top right.
  2. Click About Internet Explorer(, not Microsoft Edge)
  3. Click on the cog icon at the top right.
  4. Choose Internet Options from the list.
  5. Under Browsing History click the Delete button
  6. Ensure Temporary Internet files and website files as well as Cookies and website data are checked
  7. Click Delete
  8. Once done, close Internet Explorer
  9. Launch The Sims 3
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 15 of 85 (3,109 Views)

Yet Another Launcher Login Topic

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I know there have been a lot of topics about launcher issues already, but I tried literally everything that is mentioned in them and nothing works.

The issue:

When I try to log in to the launcher, it's just goes back to the login popup in seconds, with all my info still in it. I can click OK for 1, 10 or 100 times, but I can't get past it. I don't know what caused it, I do know I tried to download some store content yesterday, but I'm not 100% sure that is the cause.

What did I try:

• Deleting IE's cache with the setting 'keep favorite cookies' OFF
  • Resetting IE under the Advanced tab, and rebooting the computer
  • Check IE's proxy settings, they were already off
  • Resetting Origin, and rebooting the computer
  • Resetting my Origin password
  • Using CCleaner
  • Removing cache files from my TS3 Game Folder containing login information
  • Resetting the whole TS3 game folder
  • Reinstalling the Base Game
  • Loading the game without logging in and try to login in-game instead

EA support:

I also contacted EA support agents a couple of times, but they just gave me suggestions on this list and I still can't get in. The support agents didn't mention any problems on their end, but could it be that?

I've been trying for the whole weekend by now, and it's getting really annoying! If anyone has any suggestions I could still try they would be very welcome!

Message 16 of 85 (2,876 Views)

Re: Can't log into the Sims 3 Game Launcher

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

To be honest, EA is useless. They seem to just want your money and couldn't care less if you can't play.Disappointed I am having the same problem in 20019.

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 17 of 85 (2,848 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @warddv5  and @AlHollandiyah, I've merged your posts in here to keep information together.  

@warddv5 please try the troubleshooting steps we've shared in this thread and see if that helps fix the issue for you (specifically this, this and this)

@AlHollandiyah, thanks for sharing what troubleshooting you've completed to date. There were some steps missing from that list that we've asked folks to try in this thread like the login workaround or disabling the proxy for IE/clearing history (I see "Resetting IE" but unsure if you're referring to either or both of these). Could you confirm if you've tried those steps already?

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 18 of 85 (2,826 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

With IE I first tried just clearing the history, with all options checked except for 'keep favorite cookies' , as I read somewhere on this forum. With Resetting IE I mean the option where you go to Advanced in Internet Settings, click the reset button, check the 'delete personal settings' button and then reboot your pc when all that is done.

As for the login workaround, I just tried that, but in the game I will get the error that my login info is incorrect and I still can't login. And I made triple sure I didn't make any typos by copy pasting what works on the website and origin! So I am 100% sure my info is correct, it just doesn't let me in!

I updated the list in my previous post to update the list of what I've tried so far.

Message 19 of 85 (2,814 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have tried everything you suggested and read through all questions and answers regarding this issue and none of them helped me. I tried to log in from inside the game and even that is not working because when I enter my correct details it says the details are invalid when they are not. I even removed my 'mods' folder and 'downloads' folder to see if that would work but I still can't log in. I think I will give up.

Message 20 of 85 (2,754 Views)