Re: Can't log into the Sims 3 Game Launcher

by Larington

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Thanks so much @puzzlezaddict   Taking the # out of my password worked!  Thank you for tagging me or I wouldn't have seen your post.  I was stupidly waiting for EA CS to get back to me. Thanks also to @Larington for discovering the problem!

Message 31 of 85 (1,831 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Cool that's my good deed for the year. Tongue out

I've done just enough programming* to know that special characters can sometimes make things 'fun' so when I removed the special character from my password and could suddenly log in it seemed like a good possibility for others. It's awkward too because that's one of those bugs where you could have changed the password in addition to doing other things, omit the # and think it was the other things that addressed the bug, not the password change.

* I mostly stick to scripting in things like Godot Script for... reasons. :D

Message 32 of 85 (1,813 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Thank God, I managed to log in. I changed the password after reading someone mentioning it here. I should have known because EA seems to have problems with passwords. I remember having problems with passwords before, I had to keep changing it because it was not recognizing my RIGHT password so I had to change it and soon after I had the same problem again. Anyway, I changed my password and it is working now. Not sure for how long lol. Thanks a lot, everyone for your help and support. Cheers.

Message 33 of 85 (1,775 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Game Launcher Can't Log In

★★ Novice

I can't login so I can't launch the game to play my sins 3 I'm so frustrated is EA fixing this problem because it seems to be happening to a lot off people  I'm from the UK Merseyside 

Message 34 of 85 (1,765 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Game Launcher Can't Log In

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I'm having this problem on two different PCs. I've already tried every single guide I could hunt down. From clearing IE's cache, resetting it, restarting my computer, game repair, password change, deleting a couple .bin files, and it just doesn't work. I can log into Origin and The Sims 3 site just fine. I cannot seem to log in through The Sims 3 launcher or in-game. Frown

Message 35 of 85 (1,764 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Larington This was my issue too! Thank you! Shame on me for trying to make a good password, I guess. LOL <3
Message 36 of 85 (1,760 Views)

Re: Invalid login/The Sims 3 Launcher Issues

@katehyland1984  I've merged your post into the current one for this issue.  Can you please try removing any symbols from your password?  In particular, the # sign has been causing this issue for many (if not all) of the other players affected recently.  You can read Larington's solution here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Invalid-login-The-Sims-3-Launcher-Issues/m-p/8045460#M237190

@Runzu  Since this helped you, I've merged your previous post into this thread.  I'm glad to hear everything is now resolved on your end.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 37 of 85 (1,755 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
Marking as Solution for Visibility

Hey folks,

Thanks to everyone who carried out the troubleshooting steps and helped us identify the cause of the issues. HeartThe team have investigated it and released a fix. The special characters "#" and "&" in the password should no longer cause login issues for the launcher. 

Could you try to login again and let us know if the fix works for you?

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 38 of 85 (7,683 Views)

★★ Guide

I didn't get any visual of an update or patch being installed on my launcher, but I can login now with an #, so I think it worked! I didn't expect TS3 to still get bug fixes. Thanks a lot!

Message 39 of 85 (1,717 Views)

Community Manager
Aw that's great news!! Thanks for double checking this for us @AlHollandiyah. Standard smile
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 40 of 85 (1,709 Views)