Re: Can't log into the Sims 3 Game Launcher

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@warddv5, do you recall something that you did or that happened on your computer between it working and not working? I haven't played for over a month so here it could be anything. I did recently receive a newer version of Java for example. If we both analyse it maybe we can find a common cause!

Message 21 of 85 (1,818 Views)

★★ Guide

Update on this issue, I tried a couple of other things that I found could help.

• I uninstalled both the .net framework windows features, rebooted, and reinstalled/updated them to see if they might have been corrupted.
  • I reinstalled Adobe Air as I read somewhere that TS3 uses it.
  • I updated windows 10 to the newest version (it was available so why not)
  • I uninstalled and reinstalled my WHOLE game, which took a LONG time, including trying if a fresh game with a fresh game folder would help
  • I flushed the DNS Cache with Command Prompt run as Admin

And yet again, nothing. I talked to an EA representative on the phone who sent me an email with instructions among which it said to flush the DNS Cache by enabling the admin account. However, I accidentally removed the wrong email among the many that I received from my tickets, so I looked up flushing the DNS. There I found instructions on doing it by running CMD as administrator. It said it was flushed, I am not 100% sure if that is a big difference or not.

I think / fear that I tried everything apart from reinstalling windows, which I think should never be necessary to fix something as 'small' as not being able to log in to a game server. So if anyone still has ideas as to what else I could try please come forward. I just don't want to believe that this issue can't be solved with one thing or the other!

Message 22 of 85 (1,786 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Random aside that MIGHT help people, I re-installed and was having the same issue being unable to log in to the launcher.

Until I changed my password to one that didn't have a # symbol in it. But might be co-incidental.

Message 23 of 85 (1,797 Views)

★★ Guide

Ughhhhhh. I just spend over 24 hours resetting Windows 10 to a clean installation and putting my software back. Then I redownloaded TS3 and I still can't login. Like, really? I don't have anything that I didn't have when it still worked, and I'm floored! Now what????

Message 24 of 85 (1,729 Views)

@AlHollandiyah  I'm sorry to hear that you went through so much trouble, only to have it still not work.  Another player posted recently that changing the password to something without a # symbol helped.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Can-t-log-into-the-Sims-3-Game-Launcher/m-p/8045460#M237169

Maybe try using just letters and numbers, at least to test?  Let me know if it works.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 25 of 85 (1,724 Views)

★★ Guide

Now THAT is something that I could still try. However, what I do wonder is why it has worked for the 1 or 2 years that I have been playing TS3 right now, and why the EA support agents were able to login with my account just fine. Oh, wait, while I'm typing this I remember that they don't ask your password and therefore probably have a support-desk method of logging in. But that still doesn't get me anywhere near explaining why that same password worked fine for all that time until like this week? If I have tried it I will let you know the result, right now I am redownloading TS4 so I'll let that finish first! Thanks a lot!

Message 26 of 85 (1,721 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@Larington I've merged your post into this thread, great suggestion and thanks for sharing. And thank you @puzzlezaddict for letting us know about it in here :eaheart

A hashtag in the password causing this is so curious and I'm not sure why it would prevent logins on the launcher but if there's a chance resetting your password without them might work, definitely give it a go @AlHollandiyah. When you granted permission for us to reproduce the issue on your account, we didn't use your password (and never will, that's you'res.Keep it secret, keep it safe Standard smile). That means we wouldn't have run into any potential issues your password might have been causing you so it's possible the password or special characters in it is the block. 🤔 

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 27 of 85 (1,708 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@puzzlezaddict, It worked! I changed my password to one without a # and I could log in at once. And I tried changing it back, and the issue was back. How something as simple as a # that is allowed in creating our password could cause such a big issue is a complete riddle to me, but here we are!

@EA_Lanna, I would like to suggest if (besides this being the first thing mentioned at login issues) you could up this information to the tech department that is working with making the accounts. It would save many people a lot of problems if they would manage to disallow creating new passwords with an # in it. I don't know if it is possible, but perhaps you could at least put it through to them as a suggestion!

Thank you very much everyone for all the help I've got and all the time you gave me! It is much appreciated!

Message 28 of 85 (1,691 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

YEEEES!! Oh my goodness, that makes me so happy to hear. Absolutely delighted that's worked for you and you're in.Heart I'll pass this onto the team investigating the issue for sure. 

@Larington and @puzzlezaddict you are both getting some much deserved XP. Thanks again for sharing your insights and looking to help others players having this issue. 🤗

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 29 of 85 (1,685 Views)

@AlHollandiyah  I'm so glad to hear it worked, after all the time and effort you put in.  And it's sweet of you to say thanks, but all I did was read another post and pass on the information.  A huge thanks to @Larington for posting back with the solution.  We've been going in circles for weeks with this one, and we still would be if not for your suggestion.

Tagging @HubbFamily12 @valexia777 @Aesthetixtect @ggyo164 @TrissyMasuyo @StarhawkRanger-3 @pepsinisse and @warddv5 in case any of you are still dealing with login issues.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 30 of 85 (1,649 Views)