Re: The Sims 3 won't let me log in, and the welcome page is being weird

by HubbFamily12

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Invalid login/The Sims 3 Launcher Issues

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I can log in origin and ea web site but can not log in the sims 3 game launcher

I deleted internet explorer and chrome cashes, and reset internet explorer but didn't work. not helpful

Message 5 of 85 (6,627 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Invalid login/The Sims 3 Launcher Issues

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
Marking as Solution for Visibility

Hey folks,

Thanks to everyone who carried out the troubleshooting steps and helped us identify the cause of the issues. HeartThe team have investigated it and released a fix. The special characters "#" and "&" in the password should no longer cause login issues for the launcher. 

Could you try to login again and let us know if the fix works for you?

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

View in thread

Message 38 of 85 (7,686 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

When I try to log into my sims it lets me but when I get into the game it ask me to do it again and it keeps saying the password or the username is incorrect I looked at my account and everything is correct and when I say forget my password it says I’m alreay logged in 

Message 1 of 85 (6,665 Views)

Re: Invalid email/password error

★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddictthis definitely isn't working for me. The only thing I haven't done is renamed any file/folders as I'm not sure which I'm meant to be renaming or what to. I already have an open case with CS, but they're taking their sweet time getting back to me as it's been escalated. Their only suggestion so far was to do a clean install of windows, something I have absolutely no intention of doing. I have a windows partition on my Mac purely for playing Sims 3. Not to mention after speaking to CS it actually started working for a bit. Now it's suddenly stopped again for no apparent reason, and just after I spent a small fortune on DC, which I just deleted and tried to redownload after accidentally deleting all store and exchange content from the game. I was having an issue with DC, but I didn't intend to get rid of the official stuff too whilst testing. Not yet at least! Anyway, Even with absolutely nothing but the originally game and EPs minus showtimes, no signing in and therefore no downloading my premium store content :/

Message 2 of 85 (6,679 Views)

Sims 3 Can't login with the correct account.

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hello, I have this really weird problem in The Sims 3 launcher and game. When I open the launcher I can't login with my normal/correct account everytime I fill in the correct things the login window keeps popping up but I can login on the Sims 3 community/store with my normal/correct account. When I fill in the correct things of another account I ever had I get logged in with that account but that account is deleted for already a long time now and when Im logged in on the launcher with my deleted account, I get logged out once Im in the main menu and cant log back in with my deleted account in the main menu but I can log back in again in the Sims 3 launcher. I also can't login with that deleted account on The Sims 3 community/store. I also can't login in the main menu with my normal/correct account.Can somebody help me out please? (I already tried clearing out IE cache and that of Google and deleted some files, I basically tried everything that is recommended)

NOTE: I have and launch The Sims 3 on/via Origin.

Message 3 of 85 (6,618 Views)

@HubbFamily12  Clear the browser cache for Internet Explorer.  Even if you never use it, the game does for some purposes.  Be sure to uncheck the box to preserve data for favorite sites.

https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 85 (6,657 Views)

Re: Can't log into the Sims 3 Game Launcher

★ Novice
@ggyo164 This happened to me a while back. Try renaming your Electric Arts Folder by adding a number to it, then try your launcher again. It will create a brand new instance of your game, so you will need to start it, change your options and open up a world. Grab a sim, and load them into any lot. Save it, quit, then reinstall all your store files and expansions/stuff packs.
It's a hassle, I know, but it is probably a custom content file that doing it, so install those one or two at a time, until you find out which one is the culprit. It may be a corrupt file, it might be crashing because it doesn't work with another cc file, or it could be installed incorrectly if it is a complex file.
Hope this helps. You'll know as soon as you create a new instance of the folder. After you have found your answer and chosen what cc to keep, delete the old corrupt folder.
Message 6 of 85 (6,579 Views)

Re: Can't log into the Sims 3 Game Launcher

[ Edited ]

@GlendaLeigh727  I understand you're trying to help, but most of that advice isn't useful in this situation.

• When you rename your game folder in Documents (or the Electronic Arts folder, which will have the same effect), you don't need to reinstall any expansion or stuff packs.  Those are in the game's program files and are unaffected by anything that happens to the game folder.
  • To create a new game folder after the old one is removed or renamed, all you need to do is open the launcher.  Starting a new save is unnecessary.
  • Store and custom content can be transferred from one game folder to another, instead of reinstalling everything.
  • When testing for issues, it's more useful and more efficient to copy over the files to the clean game folder, rather than spending all the time to recreate them.
  • Not everyone has a fast enough internet connection to be able to download everything in a reasonable amount of time.
  • Not everyone remembers where they found their custom content, and not all cc is still available to download.

@ggyo164  Because this seems to be a more widespread issue, I've asked an EA community manager to look into it.  (This is why I didn't respond to your comment before now.)You could also try temporarily removing your TS3 game folder from Documents\EA to see whether you can login.  If so, you can start copying your content from the old game folder to the new one in batches, testing each time to see whether you can still login.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 7 of 85 (6,560 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm now having this issue. Though I didn't have it just a couple of months ago. I stayed logged into my account on my computer. Now I'm having to play it off of a laptop and it won't let me log in. I already tried clearing IE and it still wont let me log in. I've been searching and searching for other possible answers and I can't find any. I really feel like if this has been an issue for almost three years, they really should of done a patch on it by now, no?

Message 8 of 85 (6,577 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi Simmers,

Thanks for reporting the issue with The Sims 3 Launcher login loops. I've sent this up and we are investigating it.

When I have more information to share I'll pop it in here. On that front, I've merged your posts together into this thread so we can better track and update everyone currently experiencing this issue. To receive a notification for updates, subscribe to this thread.

Also, thank you @puzzlezaddict for bringing this to my attention Standard smile You deserve more XP love. Heart 

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 9 of 85 (6,503 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

UPDATE:  Hi Simmers,

Please, try the following if you haven't already:

1. Reset Internet Explorer settings as explained here.
    Make sure you are doing this for Internet Explorer and not Microsoft Edge. You can open Internet Explorer by searching it in Windows Start/Search bar.

2. Disable proxy settings in Internet explorer. To do so follow the steps i the spoiler tag:
    Spoiler
    1.- Open Internet Explorer
    2.- Click on the Settings Icon > Internet Options
    3.- Go to the Connections tab and press LAN settings button
    4.- Under Proxy server, uncheck Use a proxy server for your LAN and uncheck Use automatic configuration script
    5.- Click OK and Apply the changes

Then try to log in again.

In case that doesn't help or you are playing on Mac, the team have asked if we could gather some additional information to help with the investigation.
Could you copy this template and reply with the answers please?

• Are you playing on Windows or Mac?
  • Where are you having issues to log in? (Launcher, main menu or both?)
  • Can you log into thesims3.com?
  • Did you install The Sims 3 from CD or Origin?
  • When you open your The Sims 3 Launcher, which version number can you see in the bottom left corner? (See spoiler for help locating this number)
    Spoiler
    S3 Launcher Version.jpg
  • Timestamp of when you experienced the issue last? (Please, include time, date and timezone)
  • Do you remember the date when this happened for the first time?
  • Are you getting any error messages?

Also, if you have them, screenshots are always super appreciated Standard smile

Message 10 of 85 (6,470 Views)