by hellobye277

Original Post

Re: Invalid license. Reason code = Missing DLL: [MSVCP120.dll] Error: 0xC1

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict  it didn't reach 100%

Message 11 of 14 (470 Views)

@hellobye277  What antivirus, if any, do you have installed?  Please also post the DISM log.  Open a File Explorer window and past this into the address bar:

C:\Windows\Logs\DISM

Right-click on the dism.log and select Copy, then right-click on your desktop and select Paste.  From there, you can upload the file.  I'm not sure whether this site will accept it, but if not, use a third-party free filehosting site and link the upload here.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 14 (455 Views)

★★★ Novice

hey @puzzlezaddict 

my antivirus software is just windows defender.

uhh.. here's the dism: http://www.mediafire.com/file/l0mtqnb6ktwipjn/dism.log/file

thanks again for keeping in touch!

Message 13 of 14 (440 Views)

[ Edited ]

@hellobye277  The errors in your DISM log relate to broken permissions.  The simplest fix is to do a repair install of Windows, which you can do without deleting your files.  (It's still a good idea to back up everything essential beforehand, as is always true when installing a new version of Windows or repairing it.)  If you have a USB you don't mind erasing, that's the easiest approach, although you can also create an ISO file of Windows and mount it.  (Don't use the Media Creation Tool approach.)  These are good instructions for both approaches:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html

You'll be asked whether you want to keep your files and apps at some point, so make sure you've selected the option you want.  Erasing your data can't be undone later.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 14 of 14 (420 Views)