Re: Invalid email/password error

by dunhamid

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Invalid email/password error

★★★★ Novice

Currently I can log into thesims3.com directly or from The Sims 3 Game Launcher but once the game loads to where you can either start a new game or load a saved game it no longer automatically connects to thesims3.com and it gives me this error message: “Invalid email/password! The email address or password is invalid. Please try to log in again.” The Sims 3 Member Login box then pops up but it gives me the same error message when I try to login through that. I also tried going through the Options menu/Online tab in the game to login but got the same error message. I just started to get this error yesterday. It worked fine the day before. I contacted support yesterday and they sent me a link to change my password which I did but it didn’t solve the problem. I tried changing my password a couple of more times from the link that support emailed me as well as directly in Origin but that didn’t fix it either. I've already read where a bunch of people have deleted all of their games and reinstalled everything and all that kind of stuff to no avail so I'm not going to even waste my time doing any of that. Surely EA has to have a simple fix for an ingame login problem and I just haven't been able to find it yet? 

Message 1 of 32 (25,994 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Try clearing your IE Browser cache.

There's also a file in documents\electronicarts\thesims3\downloads that has your email address as file name. Delete that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 3 of 32 (30,315 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same situation unfold before me and the EA solution is not at all helpful.

@Bingyrueber wrote:

Currently I can log into thesims3.com directly or from The Sims 3 Game Launcher but once the game loads to where you can either start a new game or load a saved game it no longer automatically connects to thesims3.com and it gives me this error message: “Invalid email/password! The email address or password is invalid. Please try to log in again.” The Sims 3 Member Login box then pops up but it gives me the same error message when I try to login through that. I also tried going through the Options menu/Online tab in the game to login but got the same error message. I just started to get this error yesterday. It worked fine the day before. I contacted support yesterday and they sent me a link to change my password which I did but it didn’t solve the problem. I tried changing my password a couple of more times from the link that support emailed me as well as directly in Origin but that didn’t fix it either. I've already read where a bunch of people have deleted all of their games and reinstalled everything and all that kind of stuff to no avail so I'm not going to even waste my time doing any of that. Surely EA has to have a simple fix for an ingame login problem and I just haven't been able to find it yet? 

I have been having the same problem and as a new user to EA .... they have been less than helpful.

Message 2 of 32 (25,884 Views)

Hero

Try clearing your IE Browser cache.

There's also a file in documents\electronicarts\thesims3\downloads that has your email address as file name. Delete that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 32 (30,316 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I spent all morning yesterday and the first part of the afternoon trying to find solutions online. I've already read probably dozens of your posts crinrict and tried the things you suggested to no avail including those ones. I can say you are certainly awesome with all of the help you give to everyone so thank you for that. The only thing that I haven't tried and will not do is delete everything because from the tons of posts I've read on this topic it's nothing more than a feat in futility. I'm sure I'll end up chatting with another support person but I wanted to put this out here first just in case I missed seeing a solution. From the posts I seen yesterday this is a problem that has been going on for a very long time so I figured there has to be a solution out there by now that I just haven't found yet. I do remember that I briefly shut off the shopping mode in the Options menu on the same day that this started happening so I'm wondering if that may have been what triggered it. The shopping stuff kept automatically opening up every time I went into build mode and it was annoying. It's probably just a coincidence but that's the only thing I can think of atm that I did differently on the day this started happening.   

Message 4 of 32 (25,858 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hey crinrict!  You are amazing!  I just accepted your answer as a solution and I had already clicked on the XP for you too when I was here previously. Anyway, after I left here I remembered that I had actually moved that file with my email address in it to new folder I had placed on my desktop from another of your solutions I tried yesterday for if you recently changed the email address even though I hadn't. I was thinking I had deleted it but figured I'd double check on that before I started the game. Low and behold I hadn't deleted it so I did that and then started the game. IT WORKED!  THANK YOU!!!  :D  

Message 5 of 32 (25,851 Views)

Hero

I'm glad it did. thanks for the feedback Standard smile

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 32 (25,848 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Bad news. My game stop responding while I was playing probably either because my computer wanted to shutdown for some Windows updates or because I was using the blueprints for a resort which sometimes causes it so I had to End Task on the game in the Task Manager. After my computer shutdown and restarted for the Windows updates I went back to the game and now it's doing exactly what it was before. I went back in and deleted the email file in the download folder again but it didn't work this time. I then quit the game, restarted my computer again, deleted the email file again (because it comes back every time I start the game) and I'm still getting the darn Invalid email/password error. Sigh!  It was great while it lastest though!  Can you identify anything I'm doing wrong in steps I've taken above or have any other ideas on what I can try next?    

Message 7 of 32 (25,842 Views)

Hero

Did you try to rename the entire folder in documents ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 32 (25,831 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

this is happening to me as well. 

I renamed folder, cleared cache, deleted the file with my email address...

now my game is reset with no more sims=( I have to start all over!

Message 9 of 32 (25,633 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I use Firefox but not Internet Explorer.  I kept gettting the Internet Explorer not working messages when I don't use that.

Message 10 of 32 (25,620 Views)