Re: Invalid File Issue with Patch 1.50 - READ THIS - POST HERE if you still have questions

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Invalid File Issue with Patch 1.50 - FIXED - Mac Patch out as well

[ Edited ]
Hero

If you're still not offered the super patch, close Origin and the Laucher, restart Origin and make sure it updates (there was an update yesterday). Login to Origin, start the launcher and try again.

It should work for everyone now. If not, please post here.

-------------------

OFFICIAL EA NOTE ON THE ISSUE (larger in size means, they have in fact replaced the incremental patch with the superpatch)

Note on Feb 19 Game Update
We understand that some of you have attempted to install the recent Game Update and encountered an issue completing the install.

For PC players, if you reattempt the install now, you should be able to successfully complete installation. Note that this Game Update is larger in size and that we will be releasing a smaller version within the coming weeks if you prefer to wait for a smaller download.

For Mac players, we are still conducting some final tests on the Mac Game Update to ensure it will be a smooth and successful experience for you as well. This release will be coming very soon.

Thank you for your patience.

-------------------------------

UPDATE 02/20/2013

Seems that EA has now replaced the laucher incremental patch with the superpatch so that everyone should be able to patch. It might not work for all atm but try re-downloading through the launcher. Be aware that you will be downloading the 1.3 GB patch and not the 200 MB one (unless EA now did find a solution for their incremental patch messup which was acutally a problem in 1.48.

Good Luck everyone

------

There's an invalid file issue with the new patch that was just released. EA is aware and looking into it.

Almost everyone has this issue, so don't panic. If you need to patch right now for whatever reasons, use the super patch instead of the one offered by the launcher: http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/TS3_1.50.56.0210xx_update.exe

It's 1.3 GB in size so if you are on a limited download, you might wanna wait. The super patch does not add more content than the launcher one. It just has all the files instead of just the changed ones which makes it less problematic.

How to install

1. Download the file from the link above and save it anywhere on your computer (just make sure you find it again afterwards)
  2. Double click on the file to install
  3. You're done.

More info here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Current-Patch-1-50-Manual-links-and-more/td-p/67858/jump-to/...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1 of 26 (10,665 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Invalid File Issue with Patch 1.50 - READ THIS - POST HERE if you still have questions

Hero

If you're still not offered the super patch, close Origin and the Laucher, restart Origin and make sure it updates (there was an update yesterday). Login to Origin, start the launcher and try again.

It should work for everyone now. If not, please post here.

---

Mac Patches are still missing

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 20 of 26 (1,966 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Giving this a nudge before goint to bed.

Good night

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 2 of 26 (10,302 Views)

★ Novice

It worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thank you

Message 3 of 26 (10,134 Views)

Hero

Think the issue is still going on ..

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 26 (9,675 Views)

Hero (Retired)

It is... Confusedmileysad: I can't update, but oh well... Hopefully it'll be fixed soon. I don't have the bandwidth to do the super patch. 

Anyway, thanks for making a post on it, at least I knew about it before I actually experienced the problem. Confusedmileysad:

Message 5 of 26 (9,649 Views)

Hero

I hope it gets fixed soon but everything points to a file which seems to be missing from most games.

Do you have the file GameData\Shared\DeltaPackages\p17\code_version.txt ?

That folder can be found here (may vary depending on personal preferences or language):

Windows XP/Vista (32 bit)/7 (32 bit)/ 8 (32 bit)

programs\electronicarts\thesims3

Vista (64 bit)/7 (64 bit)/ 8 (64 bit)

programs(x86)\electronicarts\thesims3

Download Version

same as above but Origin or Origin Games instead of electronicarts folder

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 26 (9,379 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This did NOT work for me, I updated and it took away the "faces" where you click on each sim to change from sim to sim, and i cannot open their task bar, so i cannot see their needs, invintory ect ect. So I cannot even play now, it's worse than before.

Is there any way I can delete the patch or will I have to delete all the sims expansions ect and put them all onto my computer again! Not very happy at all =(

Message 7 of 26 (9,292 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

You mean the portrait panel icons ? Sounds like your game corrupted. Did you make a backup before patching ? Do you have cc or mods in your game ? Do you have the same issue if you start a new game (just for testing purposes)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 26 (9,267 Views)

Hero

UPDATE 02/20/2013

Seems that EA has now replaced the laucher incremental patch with the superpatch so that everyone should be able to patch. It might not work for all atm but try re-downloading through the launcher. Be aware that you will be downloading the 1.3 GB patch and not the 200 MB one (unless EA now did find a solution for their incremental patch messup which was acutally a problem in 1.48.

Good Luck everyone

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 26 (9,260 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Hope that everyone is able to patch now Standard smile

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 26 (9,056 Views)