Re: Sims 4 Won't Launch

by Holger1405

Original Post

★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Really sorry if it's the same one, I still don't know how you post a new one that says win 10 H2, someone please help
Message 31 of 44 (693 Views)

@robdefalco 

No, it is a new one. Build 19042 = 20H2.

Now try the commands from this post again.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 32 of 44 (670 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Holger1405 What commands again sorry? And btw is it not good to use wicked wims if I download that on the game and others like mods?
Message 33 of 44 (649 Views)

★ Apprentice

There you go. This explains why it will not let me do what you've said on the post. 

Message 34 of 44 (633 Views)

[ Edited ]

@robdefalco  Your commands are missing the spaces.  Please simply copy and paste the commands Holger1405 posted, rather than typing them out.

As far as a certain mod that shouldn't be mentioned on this site goes, you're free to do with your game what you will.  But please don't add any mods or custom content until your game is working again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 35 of 44 (626 Views)

★ Apprentice

Here it is, thank you for this what's next?

Message 36 of 44 (605 Views)

@robdefalco 

• Try to repair the game.
    (Origin > Game Library > right click TS4 > Repair / in Steam > right click at MEA > Properties > Local Files > Verify integrity of game cache)
    (Steam > right click at TS4  > Properties > Local Files > Verify integrity of game cache.)
  • Test the game.

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 37 of 44 (603 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Holger1405 Thank you and I’m on origin I don’t have steam. Do I repair the game again on 64 bit instead of 32? In fact it’s still not working on 64 only 32 but I’m going to do what you’ve told me and follow those instructions.
Message 38 of 44 (587 Views)

★ Apprentice

I’ve tried that. Repaired it from origin and yet still not working, it’s doing the same thing about the error initialization code on 64 only let's me play 32 still. It’s no different I’ve tried everything and still doing the same thing!

Message 39 of 44 (567 Views)

@robdefalco 

OK.

Press the Windows key > Write "CMD" (Without the quotation marks) > Right click on "Command prompt" in the search results. > Run as administrator.

• Copy and paste (Without the quotation marks) "findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >"%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt" into the prompt of the command prompt. > ENTER.
    (Copy it here and right click in the command prompt Window.)

• Upload the "sfcdetails.txt" that is now on your desktop. 

Message 40 of 44 (549 Views)