Re: Sims 4 Won't Launch

by holger1405

Original Post

★ Apprentice

Yes it says updates failed there were problems installing some updates , but we’ll try again later. Feature update to windows 10, version 20H2 Error 0x80070002

says that for some reason I’ve tried everything I’ve clicked try again and the same thing came up please help I’d appreciate it if you could, thank you.

Message 21 of 44 (624 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@robdefalco Can you check your system time and make sure it's current (google if you need help with that, I'm currently a bit short on time.

If that doesn't help, try this

(thanks @holger1405)

• Hit Windows key and X.
  • Choose either “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator),” whichever option is offered.
  • Inside the PowerShell or CMD, enter “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Checkhealth” without quotes. > ENTER.
  • If no errors were found reaped steps 1 & 2.
  • Inside the PowerShell or CMD, enter “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” without quotes. > ENTER.
  • The system will start validating soon. If it throws an error, please list it here.
  • After it reaches 100%, hit Windows key and X again.
  • Again, choose “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator)”
  • Inside the PowerShell or CMD, enter “sfc /scannow” without quotes. >ENTER.
  • Post the message you receive at the end of the processes here.

The Windows error you have is 0x80070002. There's lots of other suggestions on the net on that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 44 (602 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hello I’ve tried that and all it keeps on saying is error I’ve tried them all it’s saying it’s saying the terms are not correct and no recognisable as the name of a Colette function script file or operable program. Please check spelling of the name or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again. But thing is I have that if it’s correct I really don’t know what it would say this.

Message 23 of 44 (579 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict Also what did you mean by this?
Post the message you receive at the end of the processes here?? I’m unable to post I don’t know how you do it
Message 24 of 44 (578 Views)
Highlighted

@robdefalco 

If I understand you right the commands in @crinrict last post don't work. 

So lets get that step by step.

1. Press the Windows key and the "X" key at the same time.
  2. Choose either “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator),” whichever option is offered.
  3. Copy and paste the line below this line into the PowerShell or CMD Window.
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Checkhealth
  4. Press ENTER.
  5. If no errors were found copy and paste the line below this line into the PowerShell or CMD Window. 
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
  6. Press ENTER.
  7. The system will start validating soon. If it throws an error, please list it here.
  8. If there are no errors copy and paste the line below this line into the PowerShell or CMD Window.
    sfc /scannow
  9. Press ENTER.
  10. At the end of the sfc /scannow process there will be a status message. 
    Either screenshot this message or just wrote the wording down and post it here.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 25 of 44 (544 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hello thank you for this it still didn't work but I finally managed to update windows. i'm now on windows 10 version 20H2, but it still won't let me play the sims 4 in x64 mode only 32 bit. I really have no idea why.

Message 26 of 44 (536 Views)

@robdefalco 

Can you please post a new DxDiag created under 20H1?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 27 of 44 (522 Views)

★ Apprentice
@holger1405 Yes how would I post a new one? It gives me the same one
Message 28 of 44 (508 Views)

@robdefalco  Run a new dxdiag in the same way as you ran it before, then attach the new one you've created to a post.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 29 of 44 (495 Views)

★ Apprentice

There you go, this should be the new dxdiag

Message 30 of 44 (444 Views)