Re: Sims 4 Won't Launch

by robdefalco

Original Post

★ Apprentice
@crinrict Shall I reset the pc if that helps? It says if I reset it I get to choose whether to keep the files or not and then It reinstalls windows
Message 11 of 44 (627 Views)

Hero
@robdefalco I split your posts into a new thread cause your error code is different then the one you posted in. It's better to avoid confusion as the cause is different and hence the solution is too.

Do you have a The Sims 4 folder in documents\Electronic Arts\ ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 44 (590 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict Hello yes I do have it in the folder also I think I’ve sorted the issue. Although it will only let me play it on 32 bit not 64 for some reason when I clicked 64 it still said that error initiliazion at startup then the code, and when I’ve put 32 bit it finally launched but when I played it I had a notification saying 32 mode might impact the sims 4 packs and won’t function properly I think that’s the issue but it does work only with 32 yes.
Message 13 of 44 (578 Views)

Hero
@robdefalco With legacy you can't play any packs newer than ROM so I don't think that's really a solution.

Could you check if there's any other security software on your computer ? Bit unsure if you've answered that question with all the moving/merging I've done :D

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

- Press Windows-Key + R
- Type: DxDiag
- Click on Save all Information.
- Attach the Text File to your post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 44 (567 Views)

★ Apprentice

Here it is

Message 15 of 44 (550 Views)

Hero
@robdefalco You have actually some defender errors in your dxdiag.

Could you check your windows updates if all is updated ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 44 (531 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict Yes I’ll check what do I do to check? And ones I’ve checked after that what shall I do?
Message 17 of 44 (525 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@robdefalco Go tp Windows Updates and see if there's any open updates you should be doing. If there are, install them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 44 (516 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice
@crinrict Thank you and I have, it’s just really slow in updating and downloading it stopped after and said it couldn’t update please help if can.
Message 19 of 44 (492 Views)

Hero
@robdefalco Does it give you any error why it can't update ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 44 (488 Views)