Interactions menu slow on certain things

by Grace04x

Original Post

Interactions menu slow on certain things

★★ Novice

Hello.

My interactions menu is slightly delayed on things like the computer, laptop, and adult sims but is basically fine with everything else (and it's fine on toddlers??).

Please help this is making it so annoying to play!

Message 1 of 7 (453 Views)

Re: Interactions menu slow on certain things

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

What kind of system are you playing on? When you click on an object to bring up the interaction menu, the game has to load up the entire list and filter though actions based on situation, reputation, mood, etc. Objects with a larger number of interactions inherently take longer to process. In all, this effect is compounded on slower systems that may struggle handling this and other background tasks simultaneously.

Message 2 of 7 (424 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Grace04x

Go to Documents/ElectronicArts - inside will be The Sims4 folder
Step 1. Rename The Sims4 folder to "The Sims4 old"
Step 2. Fix the game in Origin
Origin/Library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Step 3. Turn on the game - a new game folder will be created and you will have two - one old, one new
Step 4. Check if you still have this problem in the newly created game folder. Start a new game with a random sim and play for 10 minutes. Save and check if this problem disappeared in the new game
If yes
Step 5. Delete in the new game folder following folders:
"saves" and Tray.
Step 6. Go to "The Sims 4 old" folder and copy - your "saves " folder.
Step. 7, Paste this folder in a newly created game folder.
Step 8. Do the same with Tray folder and TrayDeleteItems file
Step 9. If you don't use mods - skip this step.
Check if there are newly updated version mods you are using.
Then copy and paste your mods and CC from old mods folder to the new one. First copy the scripts mods every time checking if the game is working properly. If you have a lot of CC try 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)
Step. 10. If all is OK - delete The Sims4 old folder.

If it will not work could you post your Computer's DxDiag?
To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
You can attach the text file to your post directly in option "Reply" - not Quick Reply
I don't work for EA
Message 3 of 7 (407 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I tried your solution, it worked sort of, but it's still a bit delayed. 

I probably shouldn't have but I even reset my laptop because I thought it might help but it didn't

It's so annoying, I love the sims Frown

I don't know what happened because my game used to run so smooth and perfect, I brought this expensive laptop for my birthday just to play the sims.

It even played fine with so many mods and cc, which I ended up getting rid of a lot of, and tried to play without them but it was just the same. And I can't survive without mods or cc. 

I just don't understand, this laptop is amazing..why has it randomly started doing this.

Thanks for getting back to me, dxdiag is linked below.

Message 4 of 7 (387 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Grace04x

I don't see any serious problems with your DxDiag.
Only one thing. You have Win10 that came with good antivirus program Windows Defender. You really don't need this Avast program. I see in your DxDiag it is causing some problems.
Uninstall it using Revo free uninstaller. It will clear all traces of Avast from your computer. Download a free version to don't pay for it
https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo-uninstaller-free-download/

Check if your Windows is up to date
https://support.microsoft.com/help/4027667/windows-10-update

In the game options (others) you will see now FPS button turn it on to see what is the speed of displayed frames per second. if it will be 15 - 20 and no more, then this is the reason for the malfunctioning game.
low FPS rate can be caused by many things such as overheating computer. Another reason may be that the internet works when you play. Disconnect the internet completely when in the game (unplug the modem, turn of WiFi) and see if it changes anything.

Message 5 of 7 (367 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello, thanks for getting back to me.

How do I activate windows defender, or is it already activated? Should I be using mcafee antivirus scan aswell with it ? 

Also I'm not seeing this FPS button anywhere when I go into game options then other 

Message 6 of 7 (359 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Grace04x 

It is already activated 

You should not use Mcafee with it. Turn it off or uninstall

About FPS - I'm very sorry I have forged that this option is in Origin options  not in the game options

Go to the Origin,  click Origin icon on the left top. Select "application settings" - next choose "Origin in game" 

AFPS.jpgt the bottom of the page will be:
During the game:
Displays the FPS counter

Message 7 of 7 (340 Views)