Interaction

by bamarkee

Original Post

Interaction

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, realm of magic, jungle adventure, parenthood, dine out, laundry day, bowling night and holiday celebration.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click on a new sim to interact
What happens when the bug occurs? You can’t interact with the sim
What do you expect to see? When I click on a new sim to interact with I have no social options
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I noticed this bug the other day, but I was able to have toddlers interact with new sims and I was able to join the conversation and talk to the new sim that way. When I start a new game I don’t have a toddler to trick the bug, so I’ve been trying to fix it for about an hour now. I typically have custom content installed, i thought maybe my mods were outdated, so I uninstalled them and reinstalled them, still didn’t work. I took all of my customs content out of my mods folder and loaded up a new game, still didn’t work. I tried repairing the game, still didn’t work. I made sure the game was up to date. I searched online for anything to fix it, I tried resetting the sims 4 folder, and it still didn’t work. Please help me, I’m very frustrated, there’s no point in playing the game if you can’t interact with anyone. 

Message 1 of 5 (294 Views)

Re: Interaction

Hero
@bamarkee Moving this to tech for troubleshooting.

After resetting your user folder, did you put anything back or try on a new save game at first and had the same issue ?

Did you also try repairing the game through Origin ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (257 Views)

★ Novice

I put back my save file, and a few other important files. I did try repairing the game through origin. 

Message 3 of 5 (232 Views)

★ Novice

So I just saw I had an update for my Sims 4 game, so I downloaded the update and then launched the game with no mods. Interaction was back to normal, I had all the normal options I should've had with a new sim. So then I put my mods back in the game, launched again and I had the same bug, so I understand that now the mods could be incompatible with the update. I will have to check my mods within the next few days to see if there are any updates and see if that fixes anything.

Message 4 of 5 (217 Views)

Hero

Hi @bamarkee 

Use the 50/50 method to find the culprit: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (198 Views)