Re: Interaction drops from the queue when Sims try to paint on easel

by crinrict

Original Post

Interaction drops from the queue when Sims try to paint on easel

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything including Get Famous
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? No idea. My sims just suddenly couldn't paint at all.
What happens when the bug occurs? The interaction to paint queues fine, the sim will go and put a blank canvas on the easel, but then the interaction disappears from the queue with no error message or reaction from the sim.
What do you expect to see? Sim should begin painting.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

As listed above.

Message 1 of 9 (762 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
Hey there @belovedshackle:

- For the Sim involved, do they live on a lot with multiple sims? I've seen some interactions not deploy successfully because the Sim is under the impression another Sim is coming to interact with them.
- Is this happening on all your Sims, or just one?
- Can you move the easel at all, or put it in your Sim's inventory? Perhaps the easel has a stuck interaction or something; putting it in your inventory and repositioning it may help. You could always buy a new easel as well, but this method may be cheaper.
- Have you tried painting on easels on other lots? (If you have all the packs, try painting at the Casbah Gallery in San Myshuno.)
- Have you attempted an entirely new game file, or at least a different Sim on another lot? A lot with no additional Sims initially might be a good tactic to try.
- You mentioned you had Custom Content and Mods, and have removed them; do you happen to have MC Command Center? I've found using the "Reset Sim" option in its command list sometimes fixes interaction issues by clearing your Sim's queries, regardless if they are visible or not.

Hopefully some of these options help; I wouldn't try the mod option I listed until you've tried everything else.

- B
Message 2 of 9 (738 Views)

Hero

Hi @belovedshackle

any pools on your lot ? If so, could you try deleting it for testing purposes to see if they start painting again ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 9 (730 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No pools on the lot.

Message 4 of 9 (726 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Have you tried another Sim/household ?

Is it just happening on that lot or just that Sim ?

Are you playing a premade lot or self-made ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 9 (724 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I took the easel and put it in my build inventory. Did the sim’s inventory as well, but nothing changed. I’ll try again in the morning.

Message 6 of 9 (723 Views)

Hero

Hi @belovedshackle

did you have time for further testing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (680 Views)

Hero
Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (662 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have this problem, it happens just with medium and large canvas, small canvas have no problems Frown

Message 9 of 9 (581 Views)