Intense Lag on Live Mode and Build/Buy Mode + Pixel-ish

by clemjmc

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Intense Lag on Live Mode and Build/Buy Mode + Pixel-ish

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hello ! I'd like to ask why I have super intense lag on Live Mode and Buy Mode. CAS is very smooth but playing on my current household on live mode (etc.) is very choppy for some reason.

- I have played around with the Settings, everything is on medium except for Visual Effects. And High for Edge Smoothing (I play on Windowed.)

- I have tried it with my CC and without my CC.

Weirdly, I was very sure that I was lagging due to the fact that my merged CC package is 500 000 kb+ but upon disabling CC and Script Mods, the lag was still the same. (Though, all my Sims are now wig less) Right now, CC is turned off as I ask this question.

- All my drivers are updated and are recognized and are better/on par with the required. 

This only started happening recently when my DELL laptop had the April Update for WINDOWS 10 but before the update It seemed to run smoother. There's also a problem with some of the objects (Paintings, Fairy Lights, Wall Accessories, Rugs) being very pixelated despite fixing my NVIDIA settings AND putting Edge Smoothing on High.

- I have tried doing some stuff like playing around and deleting spotlight-en-us package and localthumbcache (or whatever it's called).

Before I updated, the files only used to stay below 50kb but now the highest for localthumbcache was 1800kb for some reason. 

Can anyone help ? 

Message 1 of 12 (7,377 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Intense Lag on Live Mode and Build/Buy Mode + Pixel-ish

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@clemjmc

I can see that you have very little space left on your C: drive. Try clearing up more space by using Windows Disk Cleanup, removing programs that are no longer used and possibly moving the Documents folder to your D: drive. Google: "How to move the Documents folder in Windows 10".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 5 of 12 (7,382 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@clemjmc  Please post your computer's dxdiag - link - how to post your computer's dxdiag   and attach the file created to the paper clip in the lower right of the response window.  thank you

Message 2 of 12 (7,329 Views)

★ Apprentice

Uploaded it to Original Post, is this safe? Sorry, this is the first time I upload a dxdiag ;x

Message 3 of 12 (7,324 Views)

EA app Team
Hi @clemjmc,

Please, don't worry, your dxdiag doesn't contain any private information - just information about your computer Standard smile

Considering your message, I guess you already checked, but just in case - are you sure the game is using your NVIDIA card instead of Intel's? If the update changed those settings, it could explain why you noticed lower performance.

Cheers,
-Mai
Message 4 of 12 (7,316 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@clemjmc

I can see that you have very little space left on your C: drive. Try clearing up more space by using Windows Disk Cleanup, removing programs that are no longer used and possibly moving the Documents folder to your D: drive. Google: "How to move the Documents folder in Windows 10".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 12 (7,383 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yep ! I have checked countless of times if i'm using NVIDIA or INTEL and it's definitely on NVIDIA, still lagging for some reason though.

Message 6 of 12 (7,289 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks! I'll try that.

Message 7 of 12 (7,288 Views)

★ Apprentice

Still laggy for some reason..

Message 8 of 12 (7,275 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@clemjmc   You really need at least 60Gb to 70Gb (or more) of free space on the system drive for Windows to operate correctly with a game that creates large temp files on the system device (CStandard smile. Windows bloats it always has and Windows 10 is no different. If you are a casual Windows user and don't understand the basic operations of the Windows operating system you should have at least a 500Gb system storage device for a gaming machine (The Sims 3 is a 3D graphical game) unless you want to monitor the free space every time you boot up the computer. If there is not enough free space to create the temp files or the file has to be written in fragments this is going to cause the game to wait until a solution is found and the game will stutter and lag. You need to talk to a computer technician about a solution.

Message 9 of 12 (7,262 Views)

★ Apprentice

After playing around for a bit, it seems to run smoothly on Fullscreen, but I usually play on Windowed so that it doesn't heat. (Fullscreen causes Laptop fan to go crazy, even with Cooler pad and elevation.) Any reason why?

Message 10 of 12 (7,249 Views)