Re: Insufficient Ram?

by Eviyanna

Original Post

Insufficient Ram?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hey everyone,

So I got a brand new laptop 13th July with 4GB RAM. I've been told Sims 4 should work perfectly fine with my laptop, and a lot of other 4GB RAM games have been working perfectly fine (including VRChat which apparently is infamous with memory leaks). However when I load up the game, I'm told that there is insufficient memory and that it may be down to one or more of the expansion packs I have.

I own all the expansion/stuff/game packs except for Moschino as it didn't really catch my interest.

Is there anyway I can get around this? I used to play the Sims almost daily on my old laptop and I'm a bit disheartened to know I might not be able to play it again in a very long time. :/

Screenshot from Sims 4 

Message 1 of 5 (348 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Eviyanna 

As RAM are cheap I recommend that you upgrade to 8GB.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 5 (313 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I would if I had the money to do so, also I'm under warranty which makes it tricky.

Point being though is that everywhere I go it says I should be able to run The Sims 4 perfectly fine, but my laptop is saying otherwise. :/

Message 3 of 5 (304 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Eviyanna 

Yes the Sims basegame will run. The problem is the Expansions you added.

Adding more RAM will not invalidate a warranty.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 5 (259 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've been told otherwise on the warranty unless they do it, unfortunately I can't afford the service charge right now. >.<;

Message 5 of 5 (237 Views)