Re: Installing

by lindalu761

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Installing

★★★★ Novice

I tried but failed to find an answer regarding the following.  I presently play Sims 3, V1.67, without the use of Origin.  I’d like to leave it that way, no Origin for Sims 3.  Meanwhile can I play Sims 4 (haven’t bought it yet) with Origin without Origin touching my Sims 3. Origin ONLY for Sims 4.  Thank you.  

Message 1 of 5 (381 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@lindalu761

There is a simple solution to this situation. Create another email address and on the basis of this address, create a second Origin account only for TheSims4. In this way, you will never have problems with The Sims3.

I don't work for EA

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (352 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Guide

Hi;

If you have Sims 3 installed separately, and not added to the Origin library, you should be able to still play Sims 4 without adding Sims 3 to the Origin library.

That said, Sims 4 requires Origin to play, there might be methods to install Sims 4 without it, but those methods are not supported by EA or by anyone here at Answers HQ. You'd have to look online for further support on that front.

To answer your question though, having Sims 3 installed separately outside of Origin, and Sims 4 installed via Origin, should be fine. If you never set up Sims 3 via Origin, then Origin shouldn't touch it.

- B

Message 2 of 5 (370 Views)

★★★★ Novice

When Sims 4 first came out, I did use Origin for Sims 3 v1.69.  It was glitchy hence my reinstalling using superpatch without Origin.  I had to rebuy a couple of Sims EP as disks since those were bought via Origin.  I then deleted Origin.  Hmm, because I have an old account with Origin it may try to interfere with my present stable Sims 3.  This is what has kept me from purchasing Sims 4.  I thank you for your speedy and clear response.  Much appreciated.  

Message 3 of 5 (361 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@lindalu761

There is a simple solution to this situation. Create another email address and on the basis of this address, create a second Origin account only for TheSims4. In this way, you will never have problems with The Sims3.

I don't work for EA

Message 4 of 5 (353 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Absolute brilliant idea.  Many thanks, oh wise one.  

Message 5 of 5 (346 Views)