Re: Installed TS3 on new PC, where do mods go ?

by Sylvarmyst

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Installed TS3 on new PC, where do mods go ?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

So I recently got a new laptop, when I installed Sims 3 on it, it installed under program files instead of documents. Every computer I've ever played Sims on, it is always installed in the documents folder...

This folder that installed into the program files does not come with a mods folder already in it, and I tried to put the mods under This PC > OS (C: ) > Program Files (x86) > Origin Games > The Sims 3 , but the mods do not appear in my game, and it does not give the notification listing what mods are installed when I start the game

Where do I need to put the mods folder in order for them to work?

Message 1 of 3 (590 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Sylvarmyst  Please remove the Mods folder from the Program Files directory.  At best, it's doing nothing there, but at worst, it could bork your install.  The game's program files are in fact in the correct place, but that's not where mods need to be.

The Mods folder goes in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3, as in, the user data folder.  This folder doesn't get created until you launch the game at least once, so you may not have seen it if you looked right after installing.  But now that you've launched it, please check again.

If you still don't see the user data folder, please make sure that OneDrive isn't automatically syncing the contents of Documents and removing them from your local hard drive.  Please also make sure you're not looking in OneDrive, as opposed to the version of Documents on your hard drive.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (571 Views)

All Replies

@Sylvarmyst  Please remove the Mods folder from the Program Files directory.  At best, it's doing nothing there, but at worst, it could bork your install.  The game's program files are in fact in the correct place, but that's not where mods need to be.

The Mods folder goes in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3, as in, the user data folder.  This folder doesn't get created until you launch the game at least once, so you may not have seen it if you looked right after installing.  But now that you've launched it, please check again.

If you still don't see the user data folder, please make sure that OneDrive isn't automatically syncing the contents of Documents and removing them from your local hard drive.  Please also make sure you're not looking in OneDrive, as opposed to the version of Documents on your hard drive.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (572 Views)

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thank you so much !
Message 3 of 3 (525 Views)