Re: Insects not showing up

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Insects not showing up

★★★ Newbie

In my sims 3 game insects do not appear on community lots. 

Message 1 of 8 (2,008 Views)

Hero

Do they not show when there's supposed to be any ? There aren't always there. 

Are you using any mods in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (1,983 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

But when aren't they suppose to be there? My sim wants to catch one, so I started to looking for them.
I have this problem without any mods.

Message 3 of 8 (1,844 Views)

★★ Guide

@krecha_ae wrote:

But when aren't they suppose to be there? My sim wants to catch one, so I started to looking for them.
I have this problem without any mods.

@krecha_ae Insects don't really show up unless an opportunity turns up where you need to collect them. Otherwise, it's not that easy to find them in-world. They're usually scattered throughout and seem to spawn randomly. 

Message 4 of 8 (1,829 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have collector reward and even that it's showing insects, when I click on one of them, camera zooms in, but the insects are not visible. So I cannot catch them Frown

Message 5 of 8 (1,732 Views)

@krecha_ae  It takes a bit of time for an insect to actually show up on camera.  For me, I might need to wait 5 seconds for a butterfly to be visible, and 10-15 for a beetle.  I can hear that the beetle is present right away though—there's either a scritching sound or something that resembles a cricket or cicada.

If the collection helper says an insect is there, it's there; you just need to point the camera at the spot.  Keep in mind though that butterflies generally disappear at 7 pm, and many beetles vanish at 8 pm.  So if you sim is late, the insect may no longer be present.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 8 (1,725 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'm wating 20s and they are still not visible.
My Sim is not there, I'm just pointing the camera (clicking on bug image in collection helper), but it's not there - despite of what you write.

It seems like kind of bug in the game.

Message 7 of 8 (1,644 Views)

@krecha_ae  What world are you playing in?  Some are better made than others, even the EA versions.  Just as an experiment, try watching for a sim-hour (you don't have to save afterwards).  Pick a community lot that has several insects showing in the Collection helper, and wait to see if any of them load.  Sometimes the beetles are hard to see, but the butterflies are easy to spot, once they've loaded.

If you can't see anything even after a sim-hour, please run a dxdiag and attach the results to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Please also list the packs you have installed, as well as what season it is (if you have Seasons).

I know it seems like a game bug, but it's very uncommon, and there aren't any reports that would explain the cause, when it happened, or what to do to fix it.  So it might also have to do with the strength of the computer running the game, or the graphics settings, or something else entirely, like a broken world.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 8 of 8 (1,637 Views)