Re: Insect Farms always on fire when loading game

by DirtyAddiction9

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Insect Farms always on fire when loading game

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Every time when I load my saved game, there is a fire on my lot but I cannot actually see a fire. However, when my sims approach their cluster of four new insect Farms From Eco Lifestyle, they 'discover' a fire there, put it out/call a fire fighter who puts it out and then the insect Farms go black and I get an insurance payout. With no actual fire. This is literally every time I load my game. I've tried the following with no luck:

- sold and re-purchased them. 

- restarted my game & computer 

- uninstalled all mods

When I first got the game and installed my mods they would be on fire everytime I came back from another lot. Since I've uninstalled them, it's been just when I first load my game. 

This is literally only happening with the insect Farms and its happened far too many times to be a coincidence. Anyone know what's going on?? I can't find anyone on here that is experiencing the same problem. 

Message 1 of 3 (722 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

@DirtyAddiction9 

So you discovered that one or more Mods cause an issue in your game. To narrow it down.

Move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game.

If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (682 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@DirtyAddiction9 

So you discovered that one or more Mods cause an issue in your game. To narrow it down.

Move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game.

If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 3 (683 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, thank you for the reply!

I had taken out the Mods from the folder but had left a text file called 'Resource' or something behind. Deleting the whole Mods folder including the random text file did the trick.

Thank you! 

Message 3 of 3 (619 Views)