Initilization Error at startup?

by Simologist

Original Post

Initilization Error at startup?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Before I updated my game, I was getting a "missing mscvp120.dll" error whenever I tried launching my game. However since yesterday's update, it now launches a black screen before closing out with a "Unable to start: Initialization error at startup [135dec40:3fbbeccd0:00000064:00000000]" message popping up. I've tried re-installing Origin and running CCleaner with no luck (re-installing the whole game will be my last resort). Is there anything else that can solve this? 

Message 1 of 25 (1,400 Views)

Re: Initilization Error at startup?

[ Edited ]

@Simologist  Please try the steps listed here:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup/

Let me know if the MSVCP120.dll error comes back or if you see a different error instead.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 25 (1,384 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you, however I've tried all the steps listed and I still get the same error.

Message 3 of 25 (1,366 Views)

@Simologist  You're still getting the initialization error, or the MSVCP120.dll error?  For the first one, try the other steps listed here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Sims-4-doesn-t-start-No-Error-Message-Pa...

Some of them you may already have done, but there are others mentioned.  And please do try completely disabling your antivirus, if you use something other than Windows Defender, at least long enough to test.  It's sometimes not sufficient to set exceptions for Origin and the game.

Message 4 of 25 (1,343 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I get the initialization error. I disabled my Avast program as that's the only antivirus program on my computer, and I allowed TS4 (both versions) and Origin through my Controlled Access folder.

Message 5 of 25 (1,334 Views)

@Simologist  Did the other steps in that thread help?  I'd be particularly interested to know whether the new user account or the clean boot made a difference.

Message 6 of 25 (1,322 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I've tried both the clean boot and the new user account, with no luck

Message 7 of 25 (1,291 Views)

@Simologist  Please run a dxdiag, upload it to a third-party filehosting site, and link it here.  This site's virus scanner isn't working right now and is currently blocking all attachments.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 8 of 25 (1,289 Views)

Message 9 of 25 (1,285 Views)

@Simologist  Please run a couple of basic checks on your Windows system files.  Here's how:

• Hit Windows key-X
  • Choose either “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator),” whichever option is offered
  • Inside the window that appears, copy and paste “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • The system will start validating soon. If it throws an error, please list it here
  • After it reaches 100%, hit Windows key-X again
  • Again, choose “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator)”
  • Inside the window, copy and paste “sfc /scannow” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • Post the message you receive here

Restart your computer before testing.

If you still get the initialization error, please disable Game Mode and Game Bar, both under Windows Settings > Gaming.

If that doesn't help either, please try playing while your computer is completely offline.  You can sign into Origin and put it in offline mode, then disable wifi and/or disconnect the ethernet cable before trying to launch the game.

Message 10 of 25 (1,241 Views)