Re: Initialization error at startup [135dec40:90f690cf:00000075:495f32a0]

by crinrict

Original Post

Initialization error at startup [135dec40:90f690cf:00000075:495f32a0]

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Is it ok if I post this here?

I repaired my game last night, because I was having issues with one of my Sims (she has the never weary treat but her energy bar kept dropping) so I thought repairing the game would fix it. I left it all night just to realize it failed, so I proceeded to repair the game again (it WON'T let me play if I don't). Thing is I've been at it the whole day, the first nine downloads go as they should (in less than 5 seconds) but from the tenth one it starts to take as long as 30 minutes.

Sometimes, computer will freeze and I have to restart it manually, I've done that 3 times today. 

Throughout the day, there was this time all 35 downloads were complete, I clicked on the Play button to get this message:

Unable to start:

Initialization error at startup 

[135dec40:90f690cf:00000075:495f32a0]

So I had the great idea to repair the game AGAIN and here I am 12+ hours later waiting for it to finish (16/35). It had already marked an error in one of the packs, can't remember which one but you can see the error number in one of the attachments.

I use a PC, had never used  CC nor plan to, I have everything but Star Wars and Nifty Knitting, Windows 10, I've already cleared Origin's cache and restarted my computer. Don't know what else to do, game was going great before "repairing" it.

Hope you can help us

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted title

Message 1 of 5 (1,066 Views)

Hero
@paolaelectra Split your thread as it sounds different.

Here's a few tips for the initialization error: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup/

But if Origin has issues with verifying/repairing the game, there might something else going on (yours is not the only thread saying that).

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (1,057 Views)

★ Guide

Thanks for your reply I should've replied earlier but couldn't, here's what I did:

Saw your post

Clicked the link

Realized it was not going to be easy, but totally worthy, so...

I started Origin, Origin started to "repair" my game for the fourth time

To reinstall Origin I had to turn it off first ('cause I had done everything else)

It wouldn't close 'cause it was well, busy downloading for the 4th time

So I unqueued all of the packs and expansions and just let it download the main game

It finished in 5 seconds

I ran the game

and guess what?

It ran. It executed perfectly and beautifully as always, well, not always, I had a major issue a while ago but that's another story

So that's that, thanks for your help, the issue I repaired it in the first place got fixed, btw so the only question left is will Origin behave the same the next time I repair my game?

Oh and I deactivated Origin in the game

Thanks so so so much again!

Message 3 of 5 (1,016 Views)

Hero
@paolaelectra No, it shouldn't. Origin might have had an issue or something.

A repair checks your local files against the server ones and repairs anything that doesn't match up .. usually that's not much to download, just a verification process.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (1,013 Views)

★ Guide

Thanks again, @crinrict , will do 

Message 5 of 5 (989 Views)